Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My foolishness, but I'm working on it.

No snow today, the sun is out and it looks to be a decent day. I'm sure it'll be cold. It always is the day after. No problem, I enjoy the cold compared to summer heat anyway. I forgot to add, yesterday when I started digging out, I found a plate of COOKIES! A neighboring family had left it for me, with a nice drawn and colored note thanking me for being a great neighbor. I guess even grumpy old guys get a little sunshine sometimes. I don't deserve it, but the cookies were a great treat and the note went on the fridge as a reminder of good things.

Now, to my foolishness. I have been perusing other people's blogs and leaving comments as if I should. With lots of time, I can leave lots of comments. After reading along for a while, I jump in and write. I sometimes write things that I probably shouldn't. I am also greatly and often misunderstood. I take a certain part in the blame as I do write off-hand and do not always edit well. Even when I do, my words can be so oddly misunderstand that I don't understand the responses. Given the one dimensional nature of blogging and responding, this should not come as surprise, let alone cause hurt feelings. I don't know anybody, truly. Yet, it ends up doing just that. Of course, it happens just as often in real life. How could we edit our spoken words, rethink what we are saying as we are saying it, or do we assume a relationship is closer than we had thought? How often do we run into diametrically opposed thinking without having a hint we are about to do so? This has caused me to rethink some things.

Should I continue to comment? I'm really torn on that. There is very little I have to offer. Most blogs seem to be focused around a primary commenter circled by people who seem to hold similar ideas as a general rule, with slightly different takes on various issues. Being what I am, I have very little in common with most people as a whole, if parts of our lives may be similar. Currently, I hold no degrees, even if I probably have enough credits for one, so I am not an expert. I am not brilliant nor wise, in some ways I am like a dog. You either like dogs or you don't. If you like them and want them around, you must understand that they will, at times, do things you don't like. But that isn't for me to decide. Perhaps I shouldn't be involved. I will be thinking about this in the next week. This whole thing just helps me understand more clearly how foolish and perhaps sentimental of a man I am. As for suggesting that I get a life, well, why don’t you just tell a paraplegic to take a walk? This is it, for now, with what I have.

On the upside, I have a few more COOKIES. I feel a raid on them, to secure and protect them, is in order.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you don't say good things, comments let people know that people are actually reading. I wonder how many people out there are just lurkers and never comment?

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here