Saturday, May 19, 2007

Questions? No, just life today.

My health is starting to improve. Working with the doctor, my blood pressure is coming down and I am still able to conduct limited business and pleasure. Sleep patterns become a bit topsy-turvy with each medicine adjustment or addition every two weeks, but when improvements are seen it is tolerable. Function is rudimentary, yet my recent past is my own in that I remember it well and can concentrate much better, if I am not always fully able to act on my purposes. And, I have been able to act on more of them than before; passively, directed, and sometimes actively.

In business, there have been many complications in the buying process with the Xterra. The vehicle runs great so far, but every piece of paperwork I completed in the purchase has had to be reworked in a piece-meal fashion, including the trade-in paperwork. The custom stereo they indicated they could remove and replace with the stock stereo in the trade also remains a problem. I probably will nail my foot to the floor before doing business there again. Even if I was more energetic at the moment, I would not be pleased to have had to make five visits, so far, to complete a deal I had thought completed weeks ago.

Bane has been a great joy to read lately. I probably should hold my tongue more at his place and other sites. Honestly, I have opinions, beliefs, some knowledge, but I am perfectly balanced, with a huge chip on both shoulders, and I am just as foolish as the next guy. As well, my thoughts and style seem to be greatly despised, if not there, then at most places, too long winded and rambling I think. As for the chips, I’ve been whittling them away, as I don’t really need them, might not deserve them, but certainly don’t want those loadstones. It’s a slow process. I’m hoping as physical health and shape come into their own, I can cast the anchors aweigh while severing the chains of the past that bind. No one will like me any better for the loss of chips, but I will like me and life better perhaps.

On other fronts, I’ve been collecting and testing bits and pieces for my planned adventure. I have been testing and enjoying the Xterra. I have started target shooting a bit more. I have been continuing my research into all of these topics, and more. And, I have been staying out of trouble. That last is not so difficult these days, as trouble just doesn’t seem fun anymore. In my searches, I have found much information, and a few interesting extras. There is nothing like running into Zen while reading a reloading forum. As for Zen’s place in my world, I now see it as a philosophy rather than the one-time religious belief. As such, I enjoy it immensely, and appreciate others interest in it, even if their take seems to be of a religious nature.

Life isn’t bad, but I am thinking the place of normalcy and happiness is just right around the next corner. Bah, I might as well admit it, there is no corner to turn for happiness. I’ve always been there, I just don’t always appreciate it. Shhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here