Monday, July 23, 2007

Too tired to think, so what do I do? Yea write.

Well, after playing “tag, your ticket” and having to deal with some more aftermath of today’s jungle excursion, I did get a few more things done. A few things were sorted, a little more laundry done, an application for the math course was sent, and I had the opportunity to speak with my new neighbors. The application was an online thing, it was quick an painless. I am supposed to hear back from them within 24 hours, at which time, since it is a class requiring prerequisites, I will need to offer proof. It does not need to be formal proof, however, so no need for a few nickels I might not have at the moment. When speaking with the neighbors, I explained what had occurred, and asked that they watch for trespassers. I had feared they might not be on-board with this, I was wrong. He clearly wants no unrequested visitors. I suggested if he or she sees one or more and they do not wish to deal with it, that letting me know would be all it would take. He thought there would be no need, but should assistance be warranted, he would keep my offer in mind.

I did not make an appointment for confession. I did not make bread. I did not go target shooting. There are probably some other things I did not do either. But, it is 18:00 and I am still awake! I am going to try and push on through to 22:00. I have gotten my score to over 26,500,000 on BookWorm Deluxe. I might have to see if I can get a really high score. My previous high was 17 plus million on this part of the game (my favored part), and 18.6 plus million on the other part (least favored). I had wanted to correct that, and I am doing it in spades. The thing that worries me is; whether there is a game score limit where I might lose everything and it not be recorded; and, if something should happen, a power outage, a machine error, or a program error which would wipe out my work. I’ve almost thought of just getting to 30 million and taking a dive. That would be 30 times what the Queen can do, and 75 times what our education masters ‘friend’ can do. I just love doing it, really. Hehehe But that snotty, “So!” is worth every nanosecond.

Oh, I finally got a call from my mum. She has been busy helping to prepare for RAGBRI (and intra-Iowa bicycling tour). At each place they are routed through, venders take care of the bikers every, or well, every legal need and want. Our town is quite small, so it was just a meal pass through mostly. I am quite sure they would be welcomed to stay, and offered places to camp, beer and food to their wallets’ depths, and good cheer should they decide to stay. Though I know most go on, there are more hip spots just a spit of a ride away. Though the town certainly does not hurt for the passing. Just being a blip on their rout is a big deal. She will be coming mid-August. Oh, I have a church function picnic she might be here to attend. I really have to get that confession done and get back in there! Ack.

Have a pleasant day all. Really, it is a good summer. I am enjoying the heat and fun for the first time in at least 15 years. Even my downs are better than all but a very few up periods from before. I just wish I could shake some of the harsh feelings about liberals, evil, and such. Yeah, I am not saying why can we not all get along, mind you… I am just saying, I have carried this weight a long time and for little good. It might be time to let some of it go, even if I become assertive on specific things which do directly impact me. Anyway, have a good one. Maybe a cool one. Maybe a cold one. Just do not forget to thank, in some way, those around you who make you who you are, the best part of who you are, even if they are no longer here. It is said the shades can pray for us. Catch em’ off guard, pray first. ha

2 comments:

  1. Glad you made contact with your mom. She is one busy lady! Oh, you did say she is the mayor, right? Plenty to keep her busy there, I imagine.

    ha... the neighbors would be considered certifiable if they did not share your view of the events of earlier. You may be thought of as the neighborhood watch of one...:)

    At least 15 years since you enjoyed a summer? wow. Even more reason to enjoy and appreciate the progress in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, she is busy, but she can get bent out of emotional shape and not want to talk to anyone too. She is cute, funny, and a little annoying at times. She's my Mom:)

    I think the neighbors actually appreciate what I am doing, I think. They are a little nervous, but I have shown a few things, besides this, that bolstered one's confidence a bit.

    Yes, 15 years. Until now, I could not at all tolerate the heat for some reason. I was almost... allergic to it? Still, everyone has to take a little care in the heat, but it is manageable, finally. It's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here