.
.
I sorted the few pictures I took. Some good, a few bad. The "film" I purchased, though it looks identical to what I need, is not being accepted by my camera. Argh! I will have to take it back and look for what I need. Online is no problem, I think. But shop by shop, it could be an arduous task. Why oh why have they created so much selection that one cannot even buy what one is buying? How many exactly the same size and shape of a thing do we need (to confuse us)? And why, when they make something, do they then make it almost impossible to buy the parts and expendables for it only a few years after selling it? *sigh* And, of course, I support it to a degree. That is, as a fact, one of the strengths and weaknesses of capitalism. For good or bad, I am signed on. :p Oh, and technology and it's advances play their parts as well, which I have also signed on to, mostly.
Here they are:
Well, they were meant to be here, right here where I am typing. But no, Blogger has it's own ideas I guess. Sorry about the sizing, all I have to work with at the moment is Microsoft's Paint. I will try to work on that. But, all those mountains you see are just an idea of the area. I am ringed by that in all directions, with valleys, canyons, and passes leading in, out, or away. Many of those pictures were taken from near the center flat desert cum farmland of the mountain areas. I tried to show you, in the third picture, about where I live (with a large grain of salt, or give and take). If you can get the picture and enlarge it enough, you will see a red rounded rectangle around the area I am in. I am actually quite sure that is the area, I am just not sure how close or far I am from any red borders.
If anyone knows of a good photo editing program which is inexpensive or (even better) free, let me know. I did a quick search and found many. After having one machine bugged by a bad download, I am not interested in repeating that. Uploading the pictures, it turns out, was a breeze. Sizing and such, however, has been a harrowing experience. Uhrm, perhaps frustrating and impossible come to mind more than harrowing. But you got the point, right?
Oh, the top two are mountain ranges somewhere out my door, the next two are of Logan with the third one having the red rectangle and the fourth is just a general view of Logan from afar (a twin of the third minus the rectangle and more centered on the main mountain). Mountains, Gandolf, I want to see mountains! "...and I mean not to return"... or, something like that.
There it is, so far. I really have to learn my camera a bit better and find editing software. Ackh.
Good night, Gracey, wherever you are.
I've always used the Microsoft PhotoEd application that comes with older versions of Office and found it to be well-suited to my limited needs. It is available for free download here:
ReplyDeletehttp://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=47156
I have also used the free Irfanview software which is a fairly comprehensive and free image editing package, here:
http://www.irfanview.com/
BTW, whoever is doing your photo processing needs to be hung and shot. That is some awful color balance that has no excuse outside of laziness and/or cheapassedness. I know this because I was a photo processor for several years before and while I was in college. It is possible with minimal effort to do much better than that. I did a little tweaking of a couple of those images in PhotoEd and they look markedly better.
Er...waitaminnit. Is this a digital camera? If so, then maybe there's something funky in the setup of the camera or the sensor is going. On second look, the images do appear as if they were taken with a fluorescent lighting adjustment.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestions regarding photo editors. But, yes, it is a digital camera. I have had it for several years now and have never taken out the manual. I like reading those manuals almost as much as I like waxing my ear canals. 90 percent of what they say is something they do not need to say (for example, "Do not use in the bathtub!", or giving explicit directions to where the buttons are, which do not make sense in themselves, while skipping what the buttons do). Then, when they get to the important parts, the data you really need, they either just do not explain, they become so technical professional lawyers who happen to be profession photographers don't know what they mean, or they just say in three words what really needs a couple paragrapsh to say.
ReplyDeleteBut fine, I will give it a stab and hopefully not end up burning the thing. Though, and too, photography is not something one just "does", or at least well. I did, and it shows. I have taken, perhaps, 50 pictures with the camera, ever. 15 to 20 of those pictures are even worth looking at. Though the camera went through some heat in storage and the move too, it might be a paperweight now. Either that or some book reading, some practice, and a cd that hasn't been heat treated might produce something more to your liking. We will find out.
I did notice that it was difficult to even see the view of the pictures due to direct sunlight. I tried to shield to get better views, but that left me to a one handed camera hold. That itself lead to some blurry pictures.
It would be nice to get a decent real film 35mm, a good one, and several lenses. But the price and the fact that I don't have the room for a dark room to roll (or unroll as the case may be) my own lessens my interest. I have so many irons in the fire, currently, that one more project, and certainly one of that size, is a bit much. Plus, I would have to learn everything on that, and more, as well, too. Ackh!
Hrm, I tinkered with it a bit. I think the cd was part of the problem. But I also found a secondary menu system and adjusted some things then went out on the 'porch' to see how it worked and tinkered some more there. If not perfect (I am not sure which speed is best (though I would guess the faster the better for landscape(?) and some other things.) I might now, have to get the manual out to cover those areas I don't know. That or the internet if the manual fails. Hmm, first I need to try and find mini cds for it.
ReplyDeleteOkay, fine, it didn't hurt after all.