.
.
Remember when the world was very close to being just you, and then just you, family, and close friends? Do you remember a time when stars were new, to you, and the world was infinite and growing bigger every day? Do you remember when life was safe because your parents were near? A blanket and a small space near or on your parents seemed like heaven. The most dangerous thing you knew was your siblings (wrongly, or uhrm, rightly). Toys were a delight, neighbor kids would arrive or vice versa, and everyone would go out and find out if someone really could lose an eye doing what had been proscribed by the big people? That time seems so far away. Politics, our jobs or conditions, terrorism, and for some of us, the single life, have become so big that we see little else.
After reading a post tonight, I am reminded of that long away time and land and those people. And perhaps more, the feelings and peace that was often known back then. I would like to bring some of that back. I think I can. It will not be created by becoming childish, I think. I do believe it can happen by becoming the parent to my own childish natures. A guided path to a safer place to be let out safely. Then again, and too, perhaps all childish should not be abandoned. A few games could be gathered, to be played with friends of a like mind or even alone. Perhaps models, glue, and paint could be purchased. Maybe a, if bigger version, bb or pellet gun could be obtained (and even used in house if I use a little of that self parenting function). But more, perhaps I can find a blanket and make a floor based chair set tent and find my own little warm fun "fort" once in a while. Perhaps I can let go of the more serious and just enjoy friends and alone time again. Yes, I think I can bring back the feelings and security, in discreet packages, once in a while.
Hey, wanna go play hide and seek? :p
this is a good plan. its a smart thing to be on top of the worries of the world but it is equally as smart to enjoy life as much as you can, find ways to be happy open and engaged and not sweat the small stuff. too much focus on our own small worlds is a prescription for sorrow - in fact one of the greatest causes of generalized depression is self-absorption. (i am not saying you are this) but opening up past your insular world is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteto the post below: sometimes your posts are long -thats okay sometimes i have the time and sometimes i dont. but they are ALWAYS thoughtful and well thought out. no worries there, mate.
Thanks for your reply, K9. On this post, I think I was more trying to share something I stumbled upon and enjoy. It is always good to get feedback. And learn. I did not realize self-absorption was related to depression.
ReplyDeleteIt is also good to hear that you think well of my pieces. I know that time can be short, as well as attention spans, particular interest, and such. As long as the pieces are reasonable, I am satisfied. Hmm, it would take more than the 30 seconds I generally use write them to shorten them though. I really can be lazy. I do see where they can easily be shortened.
Thanks again.
I love the thoughts here. And, yes, I wanna play, too!
ReplyDeleted:-)
Jean,
ReplyDeleteFine, you are itttttt! I know, that is not hide and seek. I never said I play fair, sort of. Of course, you can make it up as you go along, too. Like, start chasing me then hide, ha! Was it really cheating when we were kids or was it sugar addlement mixed with our young minds, limited attention spans, and imaginative world where everything seemed possible?
Hmm, maybe you can get a doll while I look for a G.I. Joe? Or were you the tomboy type? Oh, better, get a puzzle! I have one left to do since my lady friend forgot to take it with her. I really am going to buy a model tomorrow. It was too late after a long day of stuff today, when I was finally finished with business and other planned fun.
Those were the good old days, but back then we wished we would grow up faster.
ReplyDeleteMK,
ReplyDeleteOh, too true. I almost forgot about that. But, you know the cool thing now? We might be able to abandon ourselves completely to the (safe and right) childhood, knowing as we do that growing up isn't all that and knowing we can't ever know it all. Although I wonder if know-it-all Katie (or whoever was your local know-it-all) has figured that out yet? :p