.
.
"Don't know if I can make it through..." Or so one of my songs go. Bah, I can make it on my own, but it is cold. It has been a cold wet spring. I have enjoyed it, to an extent, but it is time for some heat. Around here though, when the sun turns on the heat, it does not know it's own strength and we cook. I will see how thick rock walls and good insulation in the rest of the place works as per cooling. I am guessing a short stop to a better system will be a window air conditioner in the bedroom, maybe another room as required. But there is a nice swimming hole not more than 3 miles away too. For now though, cold... and maybe a bit lonely.
I need to figure out the last of the packing. I have, for the most part, only clothes left. Well, clothes and toiletries. I am out of room in the storage compartment, but I do have room in the auto. I did get most of what I had wanted to complete finished the other day. I actually did get two loads into storage, and another minor load into the vehicle. The computer and such will simply have to go when I do, along with most of the clothes, guns, ammo, reloading supplies, and... me. I think that is all I have left.
I will be giving my hosts a decent spot of cash for utilities and convenience. They have not required rent, so that will be easy. The way they shop for food and clothes makes gift certificates sort of difficult, so simple cash will work. A bit for coverage and a bit extra in gratitude. How much, I cannot be sure, though $150 I am thinking. They would not accept more and are probably expecting less, basing my guess on how they live and what I have see from their expectations, I can see where this would be good.
Hungry! Lunch! Something warm I should think. A quick prep, then hot, locally made, soup and bread is what I have a hankering to eat. I want meat, but cannot get enough of that at the moment, so will go light until I can buy and cook my own meats. No one, save Maddox, does steak or beef generally the way I like it. And really thin cuts, often, at the places here in town. Uhrm, though I have not tried the high end places, to be honest. One clue, to the cooks out there, do not salt the thing to death. Too much salt does not make up for poorer cuts of beef. Anywhile, have a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here