.
.
I am not sure any will show up, it is sprinkling as I speak. It is a cold sprinkle too, of course, given time of year and location. There is some chance little goblins, ghouls, ghosts, super heroes, and princesses will still find their way here. It could easily stop misting. And in any case, some might brave the weather anyway. Oh, I also did change the porch light. The old one was burned out.
I would like to make candy to hand out. There are several problems with that, at this point. I am not well established enough to be trusted. I am not sure how many to expect so it would be difficult gauge how much to make. And a large batch might end up being a bit much no matter how far in advance I might start such a project. I was always a bit dubious about home made treats when I was a child. Sometimes, however, I was pleasantly surprised. Home made chocolate chip cookies were my favorite, peanut butter cookies were and remain my least favorite with oatmeal cookies pulling up pretty close to peanut butter cookies. Yes, prejudiced I am.
The pumpkins are nothing special. I had looked online for quite some time to try and find a couple of patterns. I saw nothing I could really use and beyond, my tools are a bit limited. So... I freehanded, sort of. I drew a few designs and either carved or skinned to create a couple of very simply designs. I hope to have better tools next year. I simply could not get out and shop for them while time ran out this year. In any case, I am pleased to have done the little I did do. I do like the kids coming by, I think I owe it to all those who 'fed' me in my youth, and it is sort of an insurance policy (if not an absolute one) against eggs, toilet paper, and various other rascal options. I would know... from other kids mind you. I was actually already a prude in most ways by the time I was out and about. Even a tootsie roll was better than nothing and often might be all someone could afford. Those who did not treat, well, I considered it their loss though have come to understand some people simply do not have extra for anything. The grumpy people suffer under the weight of their own oppression, an egg will neither help nor hurt them.
Good luck with the gremlins in your neighborhoods.
I love tootsie rolls. Right up there with Godiva chocolates.
ReplyDeleteI do too. Just... not ONE!
ReplyDelete