.
.
I have not felt like doing anything. Exhausted, always with a headache, other aches and pains, fever always either there or almost there, on top of the general malaise! Ouch! Still, I have a window of opportunity. And when that is available, I can and have dragged my near dying carcass over the threshold. Physical sickness is only an irritation, not an impediment. If I was not disabled, I would be like those sorry s.o.b.s who goes to work every day until retirement (or darn neared). Which... makes my disability that much more of a hated miserable thing. It is always why, in spite of things, I still try to play that stupid game for hours each day. It is not just filler, it is work. I have goals, projects, a couple of things which are not necessarily more than hopes since they are based on rare finds, and I can do it when I am able. Some days I really cannot play much. Confusion does not allow what it takes.
I did get out yesterday too. I took my friend to dinner at Golden Coral, one of his favorite places to eat. It is fine, if it is not my favorite. Prices keep going up, but really, how can quantity go down when it is all you can eat? If quality is decreasing I have not noticed. I rarely eat more than two plates. At 6'4" and my friend being 6'0" or 6'1", I bet when they see us they wonder how much we are going to stow out. I think my friend often will eat more than I do. You would not think it by looking at us. Too funny.
I scheduled an oil change for mid-afternoon. And, since I am going to be in town, I asked if my friend wanted to go for lunch. There is a place that makes excellent sandwiches. The place where you order the half meat sandwich or you actually do get half meat. Which is crazy. If it had been one worker one time who did that, I would just think they had a noob or even a disgruntled. But, no, every time and both of our sandwiches. Whatever, I will always gladly pay less for more. I will have them drive me to my friend's place during the oil change. I hate just sitting in a waiting room, interacting completely non-verbally with everyone coming and going if they grab my attention or what I am reading is so utterly typically main stream that it does not hold my attention well enough to try and ignore people.
After that is done, I will do a little shopping. Milk is low. I have hamburger but could use a bit more. Other beef cuts are needed as well. Maybe some pork too. What happened to chicken hindquarters? I can get thighs, I can get drumsticks, both usually in larger packages than I would like without the hassle of splitting out. I can no longer find hindquarters. I hate the changing market. As well, I do not mind having four or five of a type of item to choose from, but do we really need 50 types of liquid dish soap? Really? I am thinking in the Navy we said if you cannot dazzle them with your brilliance, baffle them with your... I think they are baffling. No, I am sure they are. Then again, if I hate to say it but not really, I think it is true, shopping is women's work. Whether they like it or not, making a bunch of little decisions that are almost squat nothing in difference is something their animal side brain likes to do. Started with leaves, green not purple, and maybe even grubs, fat or thin? Men just killed something big, thinking big means no work for a while. The first time they killed a mammoth they must have about caused themselves a hernia until one of them decided to move camp TO the mammoth. hehe... Yeah, I can see that one. Whoever came up with that became chief, too.
I have a bit of waking up to do. Have a good day, avoid odd things on the ground, do not waste your breath on died-in-the-wool crazies, and do not throw old spuds, just peel, pare the bruises, boil, add one part butter per two parts potatoes, and enjoy. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here