.
.
Several things seem off. First? My mother called to check on me. She said she has tried to call me for the last three days. I have received no messages and no trace of a call. Further, the last time we spoke, she said my brother had called, and left messages. Again, no messages were recorded, no trace of a call, or calls, was indicated. I have been waking at about 5:30 the last week or more, and using my phone in the morning to play sudoku. So... No clue about that. I wonder if Verizon employees are adamantly anti-Trump protest types, and are screwing with some people and our lines, redirecting, not connecting through, or hacking? Or are other such types doing so? All I know is that I am not receiving calls or messages, but can call out. I need to get rid of this "smartphone" I do believe.
The reason for her call was also... unusual. It has happened before, it is simply rare. She wanted to know how to cook bok choy. It seems that has become available... someone is growing it and offering it, but being "strange", few are taking it. She dared, but didn't know, exactly how to deal with it. And she remembered that I had cooked it for her before. It is good to, even if only rarely, be of culinary assistance. She taught me much of what I know, and has advised on a thousand and one recipes or techniques. She has taken two or three helpers, a few bags of groceries, and fed armies. She can go simple or rather fancy. She might not know exotics, but anything on a local, regional, and probably national level, she can work with. Bok choy, essentially, is a form of cabbage... to me. Stir fry, perhaps even kraut, steam, and I would even consider making slaw with it. All the cabbage sorts can be used as a pseudo raw noodle replacement, if that works better with some sauces than others.
It did snow, by the way. If an inch and an half was had, most of it melted. It started with a rain, which, I think, is why only the grass seems frosted. The drive and road doesn't look iced. Which... super. I may, if I can, get out and attempt to pull some of the stems out to the roots, the ones which would not come up by raking/cutting with the flat-bladed shovel. I got most of it. I just ran out of energy after an half hour of tinkering, along with the rest of the day.
Another project, replacing the rear windshield wiper is proving difficult. I checked at my usual maintenance shop to no success. I have checked amazon, but... I just don't trust them. I called autozone today, but they don't have anything listed. I may have to call the dealership. I would like to get an extra arm, if that may not be needed, and a couple of extra blades. If it's proprietary, I hate having to wait, potentially, for delivery.
Yeah, I was up at 5:30 this morning. Doing good, actually. I have the furnace set to 66, it's frozen outside, and a t-shirt and unders are good enough. Actually the girls want it warmer. And I may turn it up to become a bit more active. A shower and a call or three. More business. If that all works, then maybe more. So much to do, so little time, so behind. Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here