.
.
A cold spring, massages, forgetting to eat, the threat of hard dreams, health limits and perhaps a minor dip in health, any number... perhaps all. A problem with one, three, even all if mild enough, or ordered in such a way that each can be mitigated (juggled, really), and I can sometimes get through. Not this time. I was already falling after overdoing a bit. After the massage I mostly stopped remembering to eat. Even milk would have helped.
I just drank tea. A dire thirst beset my notions. A fog settled over the rest of my senses. Sleeping much, even while awake. I don't mind. It is still the colder part of spring. There was sunlight today. The world is preparing for a return to life. I am as well. I am thinking of finding the trailheads up to both the hard and easier climb into the mountain to my south. I don't need it to be fully open to begin going. As long as the entrance is open and even fifteen to thirty minutes of the hikes are open, that would be enough. Actually, having limits would be best in the beginning. As well, I can handle the cold, even severe cold, far better than the heat. Best check, and lighten, my smaller pack. Thin rain gear, dry extra clothes in a waterproof bag, several fire systems, at least a pancho or tarp and cord, ax and blade, food and water for a couple of days... and more.
The next day I am up to being out I plan on doing a bit of shopping and to go looking for trailheads. I sincerely hope that day is today. And a stop at the post. I'm going to make an effort to keep more up on business. Ugh. I can automate just so much. I am hoping to actually at least start dishes today. I have finished laundry... two loads over two days. I will run the dryer a bit to fluff, or finish drying, the last load while I check wools. Finished unless there is enough wool for that sort. I have refreshed the soak of the dishes, just never got to them, these last few days. A shower and shave, this time? I have been working on my feet... cleaning under the nails, doing light cuticle work, and rasping dry skin on shower days, and using lotion every other or third half day (either before bed or when waking). Bleh. Lotion is weird stuff.
Well, if I owe you mail, be patient. I am in a rough spell, off my game, behind the eightball in half my affairs, and still thinking a nap would be the better part of valor? Right. Right? Yeah. Just a short one. Probably. Something I might do first? Soak beans for chili. I can't eat as I used to, so a couple of cups of black and pinto. Another cup of kidney if I have them. Then burger, sausage, and ground lamb or turkey if the price is right, onion, and spices. I'll check the most likely place for domestic herbs and spices, not just for this. I need thyme, tarragon, oregano, rosemary, sage, powdered garlic and onion, none of it from China or other suspect nations.
I can't believe IC had so much better fresh locally produced herbs and spices, dried and fresh. Everything I find here is at least out of state. Much of it is bottled, with extremely ambiguous origins. I'll do what I can. Started looking online... honest, but sourcing from Egypt, Israel, Italy? Why? I want US, and without a doubt. But not the big brands. They outright lie. *shrug* I am at the point of not buying, growing my own. It's a matter of between now and then, assuming it is possible. Ugh.
Did someone mention naptime. Hmm, a Doom sized carton of milk first. Plastic these days? Bleh. Wait until you realize plastic puts androgenics in the products. Doesn't get adults, mostly. Kids? The targets. Intentional. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here