Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Some serious chicken.

.
.
Brined.  Drained.  Patted dry.  Seasoned with salt, fresh ground pepper, and an Italian blend... a light touch.  Fried in the oven... in a cast skillet, initially covered by a cast placket.  Never airtight, but allowing drippings to baste, the placket removed for the last 15 minutes of a 40 minute, at 425° F, cooktime and temp.

Oh, quite as good of chicken as I have ever made.  Potato salad?  So far only so-so.  The eggs I boiled came out soft, as in runny, yolked.  While truly delicious, not right for potato salad.  As well, too much mustard, though with an half to whole pound of eggs 'missing', it would have too much.

The good news is that I  have time to boil more eggs, correctly.  Each way I try to boil eggs can take vastly different times.  This method, I think, will take eleven minutes.  But, tomorrow.  Everything will be put up.  As it turns out, while it rained lightly today, it may rain very heavily tonight, so no supper company.

I must have slept wrong.  Both of my arms were asleep this morning, and are just starting to feel better.  The odd thing was, I was awake often through the night and morning, until the final awakening.  I never sensed a problem, usually do (if there isn't always I can do that changes the outcome).  Ugh.  First they woke slowly, then they ached, now they are beginning to not hurt.  Mostly.

I am so tired.  I did get the second load of laundry set.  A trim and shower were enjoyed, and dishes set for a soak.  Plus food made.  I have a few items to store and refrigerate.  Tomorrow will be easy.  I think I left my phone in a friend's truck?  I have no way to contact him, currently.  Bleh.

I was about to say, " Later".  But, after putting food up, I believe it to be bedtime.  So, good night.  Sleep well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here