Sunday, October 11, 2026

Awake for a very short spell.

.
.
Not hungry.  I ate anyway.  I can never tell how long I will sleep.  Especially with the cool and dark possibly becoming the extended future patterns.  Beans and rice, with various spices, herbs, and cheese.  Not much, a smaller bowl.  An apple as well as a fatted coffee, what I could consume of the coffee.

I was asked what I wanted from the dairy.  But I had to see if I could find my withdrawal cash.  As I need to pay.  I couldn't get to that earlier, not until I woke a bit ago.  Even then, getting to that chore took a great deal of effort.  I, thankfully, found it.  Now I can send the order, and offer money.

Mittens is up resting with me.  Often sleeping on my stomach.  Having lost so much weight, I can now sleep, or rest, on my sides as has been my usual.  But, too, on my back or stomach as well.  She absolutely loves to sleep, in a ball, on my torso.  Warm and protected.  Thankfully just for a bit, then she finds a cooler place.  Though, truthfully, I usually don't mind even extended torso cat camping.

Strange dreams continue.  Feminine again.  This time being a BFF with a gal I actually know, if lightly.  But, as a female friend.  It, for my part, with this particular woman, is all the same.  I have no romantic interest in her.  For her?  Never can be certain.  If I have suspicions.  Not that she would chase, or the relationship would survive more than a minor exploration.  But... who ever really knows.

So strange.  I do treat women I have been with as... just people.  Friends, even, sometimes.  Though that is never the whole, even significant minority, of romantic involvements.  I think it is mostly women who can't be friends.  Though whether that is because they can't have friends generally or because they can't be friends with men, I don't have absolute certainty.  If I do suspect they resist the friendship thing far more than I do.

As a man, call a woman you are having sex with a friend.  To her, to others in front of her, to people she knows when she isn't there.  Trust me, you'll be squared away on that... seriously, harshly, by multiple sources.  From cold spots to hot ones, from rage to distance, and else.  It will be like living with a banshee poltergeist for a few days to months.  *grins*

Anyway, to be friends with a woman, even as a woman, is a... delicate thing.  The reason women stop being friends with each other is that, over time, with so many emotional landmines uncovered in each other's lives, one or both is perpetually walking on eggshells, trying not to disturb the other, that the effort becomes too much.  Well, that's what I have seen, in life and dreams.

Still, it was interesting to play the part, for a bit.  The difference, in this dream, and very uniquely, was that this time I knew I wasn't female.  I rarely know that, in dreams.  It... skewed the experiment.  In some odd way.

I will text my order, and remind to get money.  In case I forget.  We both, often, forget.  But, as long as there is money, and we both know it, there is less worry.  It will get where it goes, rightly.  Just knowing it is available makes them, and myself, less anxious.

It is cooling, a bit.  The mid 60s as a high today, the low 50s tonight.  So far, and by forecast.  Though it could drop lower, has.  Rain is set to be coming through.  As much as two and a half inches, in places, but over five days not all at once.  Will see, I suppose.  Then, the northern hurricane or tropical storm will possibly bring cold and some snow after this wet warmer one passes.

Good night, and morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here