.
.
No, no hunger for blood. Not of the vampire sort anyway. A little combat would be nice, sort of. It is just that as the sun begins to lighten the air just a tadge I find myself ready for bed. I don't like sleeping during the day, either. Because of the higher temps and light I don't sleep as well so I end up sleeping longer or not as well.
I'm not sure how my plans for getting to swimming and Mass Monday will work out. The alarm clock hasn't been helping, nor have my other efforts. I'll get there, soon enough, if not Monday.
How good is your sense of smell? This evening I noticed something wafting in from... somewhere. Sweet, grainy, earthy... It turned out to be the beans I am soaking. They had been soaking, in cold water, for several hours. In a pot with a lid on it. Simply put, that doesn't make sense. I shouldn't have been able to smell that. I can even smell when meats, rapped in plastic, I have out are thawed. Is that... natural? Normal? Remember, I chew tobacco. I sort of thought that would throw off my sense of smell. It doesn't, not for me. All of my senses, when I am able to focus at a normal level, are rather acute. I even have outstanding night vision. Not bad for someone who has not eaten properly for most of my adult life. It's not due to carrots.
I would like to stay up and cook the beans but a rinse and back to soaking is as good as I can do. The hamburger should be thawed by the time I wake up to begin working on the meal, though. I had forgotten that little detail. Chili sure sounds good. While it is spring, it is still rather chill usually. I'll have to give the neighbors a call, see if chili sounds good for them tonight or tomorrow. Oh, I have been keeping up on the dishes too. It's odd with just one person. It isn't worth doing one or two plates or dishes, but it accumulates quickly. It's like cooking for one, a bit of a trick.
Good night-morning.
Sorry I haven't been commenting much, but I've still been reading.
ReplyDeleteGoing home to help my sister has thrown life in general into a tailspin.
Good to see you're working your way back up again, even if progress is slower than you prefer.
Jean,
ReplyDeleteOh, just take care and don't worry about me. I'm always either just enough ahead of the curve to only be a day late to just being off the curve and on a bender. :) Progress is a... relative thing here and now and forever for me.
Just... figure things out. You have much to do and a reason. And you know where home is. Figure it out.