Sunday, March 23, 2014

Haiku Monday - Altitude

.
.
Fleur is up with the contest this week.  She is rather... bossy.  :p  Still, the rules, her rules, are here.  Go play.  Yeah, I have three up.  Just waiting to click the entry after creating a post, so as to add pictorals, or... something.
Icarus's wings

lifted to great height
borne on spring wings of want
drifting, then? - undone
For a Moment

escaping the norm
summer's sky filling my eyes-
BEEP - damn alarm clock
Blue

winter mountain tramp
snow, peaks, wind, white, beautiful
what a world ~  so -cold-
the latitude of 
attitude for altitude -
give or take a whim
so high, so mighty
how far the great have to fall
knees weak - nausea

I did these last two in a daze-trance.  I was so tired but my mind wandered into the wastelands of thought and the notion of haiku linked with the theme, then these popped.  I forgot the rules...  Oh well.  I still like them, if I haven't read them to see if they make any sense since waking, yet.  But I'm not actually awake yet, even now...  I'll tinker and wake and read them later.

6 comments:

  1. 'borne on spring wings of want'
    ..quite inspired there, doomster!

    These are great, doomster, but the first one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm glad you enjoy! I tried, this time, to moderate doom gloom, but... not leave it out completely.

    Her rules are quite explicit, but... I enjoy a schoolmarm-tude from time to time. Keeps me on my toes. And, I emulate that sentiment from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doom! You are so prolific! Excellent visuals, too. I don't mind being called a schoolmarm...ever' now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me either! Wait, I take that back. However, I AM glad you weren't offended. Usually, if I call someone a school marm, it ain't a bad thing. Now if I... never mind.

    For the first four years, they were starting to wonder if I was retarded... because I wouldn't communicate. Fooled em'! Now they just pray that I quit, mostly. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liking your flavor this week, Doom! Nice:D

    Btw, what do you get when birds of a feather rub together?



    Kitten Kisses, OF COURSE:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks. Sometimes they just flow.

    Well, I was going to guess a lot of guano. But you went all fluffy. Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here