.
It seems Haiku Monday will be changing. No longer a contest, perhaps just a rotational, slower paced, haiku fest. Some things will remain, some things will change. I am sure it is not what haiku originated as, but traditionalists can go too far, as can non-conformists. I'm not even sure I am either, or even both, or neither. All or none of that is possible. Oh, right, Karl has the post, his considerations, and the contest, up here.
For my part, I would be happy to see volunteers take the contest, and host a theme for a week or two. No judging required, not even a post beyond the original page would be required. As I suggested, however, I may continue some aspect of that. Rather than choosing a winner, I would merely choose my favored from each poet and either do a song and dance about it or explain why it connected to my way of thinking. If I have the time and energy. I have no difficulty, mostly, judging. Some do. Okay, fair enough. Well, and losing can be difficult for some. True. I am fifty-fifty on that last. Can't win for losing or lose for winning with that attitude. :) Taking turns hosting may allow others the time to dabble without fear, until they can... take the reigns. We will see.
So, I put up a few. I may put up more. But I'm in a bit of a hurry to get to some things right now. Still... I didn't want to desert the crew(tm).
today, tomorrow
yesterday ~ before it starts it
is already over
for all good and bad
things ~ there is a first and last ~
so it starts and ends
every ending
is just the beginning of?
of a new end - is
Yeah, getting repetitive. I just had to toy with the notion. Won't put this one up, but will seek other threads of the theme. It... worked for me! Next!




It, indeed, will be
ReplyDeleteinteresting to see how
it continues..
I am told I don't understand, but that my haiku makes up for it. Whatever. *annoyed*
ReplyDeleteNot annoyed AT anyone, mind you. Just trying to figure out what it is that I seemingly don't understand. Or... whether I just live in a world that doesn't express itself well. Dunno... thinking on it.
ReplyDeleteGotta wake up a bit more, first. No sun, hard to do as such.
Oh.. I'd' have to go back to read the responses. I don't think he meant anything negative. You were able to crank out your usual enigmatic ku despite the fact that you were out of the loop for a few days and therefore clueless as to what happened with haiku Monday.
ReplyDeleteWell, that's my .. The glass is always half full.. take :-)
It's not just that. But, yeah. I didn't take it as him harshing on my mellow or anything. But it read as if I didn't understand what he meant about the haiku contest. See, possibly even more lost than I thought? Dunno. There have been several odd incidents lately, with others.
ReplyDeleteSo... I'm... sort of at odds with the world. When does and and but and so not mean and and but and so? When they don't, I guess. But funny how misinterpreting a single word can misguide a whole thought. Or a word used incorrectly.
Not angry about it, just not sure if I am, or should be, confused. :p *laughs* Never worry. I'll... sort it out as soon as the sun shines a bit, I think. Or not, and just go on.
And, enigmatic? *le sighe* Still, it's all a gas. :)
ReplyDelete