Friday, May 9, 2008

Doh!

Reservations! Ok, I was all hot and heavy. I was making plans here, calling there, doing this and preparing that. But to what use without reservations for the primary event? I swallowed a big lump, humbled by my lack of oversight, and I then thought how to fix the my deficiency. I decided to look over the blog, again. I saw some of the details, but I could not get my mind to slow down well enough to focus on fine details or I was simply missing the details. I reconsidered how to alleviate this problem, and considered what all it would take. After a few moments, I emailed our fearless leader with a set of possibilities, a request for what actions I needed to take and which actions will be taken for me by the group (or group leader). Of course, and in spite of being and perhaps(?) sounding bright enough to understand some things, I am struggling to not sound neurotic (not that that is all bad *grins*). Now, I wait. Nothing like waking up with some spit and vinegar, if nowhere to really go. Ha!

My mother called this morning. She asked me to guess who had visited her this morning, so, being the good son, I told her. I almost feel bad, I ruined her surprise. I was pretty sure who it was, in spite of them being from California and never having been out this way to my knowledge to date. I just knew. My mother forgets about me, from time to time. Or, at least, she tries to forget that aspect. She enjoys it as a parlor trick, or a fascinating story, but when I remind her how connected we are, it… scares her. Oh well, I got a good chuckle out of it. I have this connection with two of my mothers, I have had it with other family members, a few guys in the service, a lady love or two, and a few pets. It is not perfect, or even always on, it just happens when it does. It does bring me calm, even when things are bad for one of us, we are not alone as I see it now.

Oh, my lady friend was too tired to arrive for laundry this morning. That was ok, I am rather sluggish too. Plus, I need to put my apartment and self back together, I need to work out, play the piano, order some auto travel parts (a sun tamer or three, and weather/sun vents for the side windows of the Xterra (preferably not glued vent/shades though, as they might interfere with vision off-roading, so being removable and re-replaceable is a strongly desired quality, but I will just have to see what is available).

It may be a rainy day, so, getting up, going, and out is proving difficult. I will have to go over my list of things to do, and begin getting on it in spite of the day. I know I am lazy though, I finally realized I think it is either too hot or too gloomy 99% of the time. *grins* I suppose I am just going to have to dig down and push that back to at least only 98% of the time? Yep. *laughs* Ok… getting to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here