Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Iron Man, the Movie.

I did get a few more things done today. I sent an email or two, shoring up my plans. I contacted an old friend, via email and unassociated with my trip west. I made a batch of spaghetti, and it was tasty. Then, I decided to take in a movie. It was either that or the conservative movie (which I will get too soon, to be sure… Ben Stiller, or some such).

About the movie… I was under-whelmed. It was not the Iron Man of my comic books, and yeah, that is important to me. It is a typical Hollywood slut-fest remake. It trashed the thing, as I remember it. Again, it did have underpinnings of the good ol’ Hollywood anti-Americanism through anti-corporatism. Who is it, Boeing that is giving Iran our top weapons? This typical left-liberal crap is just boring, old, passé, and past it’s prime. The story was weak, as was the hero and heroine (do they still imbibe?). The special effects were decent, there was some play time, and muslims died (though it did try to indicate there is a difference between good and bad muslims… for shame). Other than that, a great movie. Next…

Oh, right. I spoke with the case worker the VA assigned to me today. Then my doctor called. They were both more interested in my methylphenidate script then my blood sugar. That is both interesting and irritating. I understand they needed to decide whether I had enough, and it is primary to me taking the rest of my medicine (as otherwise I sleep too much to be in compliance, regardless of my consideration, interest, or focused will). Still, the blood sugar is my most intractable health issue, and I want to see that come down. So, I indicated this, after describing my current methylphenidate usage, and was advised to increase the medicine I am taking for diabetes. Fine, but I am a little put out. It is a little thing, it is probably nothing, and it will pass, but… Oh, that reminds me, I need to reschedule my foot surgery. I just will not be put out of college on purpose or by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here