Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Praying for others.

.
.
I have recently received prayer requests through the various blogs I read. Upon reading of some other situations where hearts are sore, people are ill, or people seem adrift I will pray of my own accord. As well I am still linked to a prayer circle or two. I always pray right then and there, upon request or seeing the need, and then try to remember to queue them into my ongoing regular prayers until situations improve or the situation becomes settled and then sometimes a little longer. I no longer let people know, I just do it.

When I pray, I pray not for a specific outcome though there is that notion and God knows our intentions when we come to Him in prayer. I pray that, whatever happens that the person or people I say a prayer in regards will be able to live with what happens, or as it may be that they or theirs may die in grace. And that they will know peace and have acceptance for the outcome. I pray that if it is their time to die or lose someone precious that they will not forget the love they have known and shared, that they may come to understand that this is not God's doing, and that they may be settled in death or in time. And of course, hallelujah should it all turn out well!

I have learned something else regarding prayer, in the N.T. We may pray for the forgiveness of the sins of others, if they are not mortal sins. Mortal sins, you say? Yes, I know there is a list of them, but what sets sins apart, mortal from venal as I know them (serious to simple for some of you others, term wise?), I mean to investigate. There are simpler versions and scholarly tomes probably for each one and their various stages, if one wanted to dig that deep. All I know was that I was overjoyed to read that we could pray, and successfully, for the forgiveness of the more minor of sins committed by others. That is what St. Paul, I think, suggested. No, not suggested, said.

My bible reading is going well. Repetition, of course, continues. Still, as I said, I see things in the repetition that are not quite just repetitive. Some might say that is simply hypnotics in symmetry, or some other pop psychology thing. And though there is something, sometimes, to pop psychology, it is nothing to adjust a compass by to be sure. Some of this is slowly coming back, overlaid by what I am currently reading and thinking, it adds depth of understanding. But I know I am missing some things. As I said, however, this is merely a precursor to my actual studies. I know I missed much of the subtext in the N.T. as well. It is a living book, no man can truly understand it. Not even Christ while He walked as a man, if I am to take His words literally. And I see no reason not to take what He said concerning His knowledge while of flesh literally.

Ah, something else. I did note that both the O.T. and the N.T. condemn homosexuality (among males) as an abomination. It does not speak of lesbians or transsexuals. One could infer, of course, one upon the others. This would make even the thoughts along such lines sins. I have never quite completely wrapped my head around all that, but some of it is plane and clear and beyond reproach. In my life and ways, I have cleared my mind of such. I am now free of such notions. But if a man once was a sinner, is he not always a sinner? Yeah, I do study. And, I pray.

Ah, the beef ribs are thawed. I do not want to wait too long to cook them this time so I will cook them tonight. Though I despise the microwave, it makes the fat (one of my favorite things) taste horrible in meats. If they are cooked in the oven (and of course I will have to taste two or three of them!), and just reheated (carefully) in the microwave, they can taste okay. Then again, I might just heat them up again in the oven. I have a love hate relationship with the microwave.

I have another task, this one odd. One of the bottles I use for making soda water is jammed. There are two tubes for the bottle. One you put in then fill with water. The other you add through that. Then you screw the top on and then charge. I forgot the second tube. Now it is quite pressurized yet will not dispense. I will have to call the manufacturer. I tried to cool it, but it was pretty cold as was. And I know NOT to heat it. hehe But that might be fun, if rather expensive. Anyway, I am down to one canister for the moment. I hope it is something I can fix. *ugh*

Good night.

5 comments:

  1. im impressed. ive kind of fallen off the wagon. im a catholic but i havent been to mass in a while. my prayer system is similar to yours i tend to not get too specific but ask that whatever is the best outcome let that be done. i dont know.

    lots of times i think of particular saints in particular situations and feel better in their company.

    its good to see you again. i will have to scroll down and see whats going on.

    finally. i wonder if you might consider removing your comment moderation tool. i have a new policy that i will not comment where ever it is installed. that goes for word veri too. either way, i will continue to READ where whispers linger.

    K9

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just beginning to build up my Christianity, again. After reading the New Testament in a week or two, I have even started on the Old Testament, I am to 1 Chronicles 19. But I have not been to Church either in some time, nor confession. I am getting closer to that though. I just worry that, it being a college town, the Church will once again be liberal, socialist, pro-contraception, perhaps even pro-abortion (as where most of the laymen I knew well enough to know this about, and their wives, in my last Church). I will have to find out sooner or later.

    Well, I will take it down. I haven't had any sellers of goods no one wants (or even should want) lately, so... But if they come back, up it goes.

    Oh, another thing. I kept reading about fasting. The Jewish custom, it seems, is to abstain from eating from sun up to sun down (I think, but only during the day however it is counted). I have read of fasting before, but never tried it except maybe in my youth in a group setting. So, I wanted to try it, but do it full out. I have gone without food, only consuming water and tea. In about an hour, I will have fasted for two days. It was not so bad. I might do one or two days a week of this, though I won't oath it as I have with chastity. Then again, I am not working from sun up to sun down either, just living. So I am not sure it is comparable to the olden days. I just think it would be a right thing to do. (Plus it will prepare for quota boy's economic recovery.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. K9,

    Ok, I made a compromise. I have it so that posts older than 14 days are still moderated. That way I do not have to go back and dig out junk, which I have also had to do in the past. Though there may still be stuff (on my old blog, before I realized the stupid stuff people do and how to prevent it.)

    Now, the other posts I have are bits and pieces. But if you want it in a minute, 'Okay, prepare the gag reflex', then 'A few side notes.' are where the meat is. Though I would advise you not to read them. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for others sometimes, they're not always answered but perhaps i just don't know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think they need to know at all. If you don't know them well, or closely, sometimes it is best. The family and friends they have need all the time and space they can get sometimes. It is God's work, not ours, though our prayers are just as important.

    This is going on a bit, as usual, but I think of it sort of like communications, using satellites. We beam it up, God beams it down.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here