.
.
The laundry was no problem, if it is still not completely done. Another load, wool socks, remains. And perhaps a small load of what I have been wearing and a few odds and ends. I will be using a special detergent for the socks, about every other or every third time I use soap just for wools. The dishes are finally completed. Those took longer than what I had anticipated. There were many irregular and large sized items, as I finally cleared the refrigerator. I need to wash the bottom level of the refrigerator and then that will be good. I will be soaking beans and probably cooking rice tonight. And, finally, I hope to get into my room and do some sorting and cleaning. If I finish these things, since I have no food ready, I will drive into town and grab something easy. Enough to cover that hunger thing.
Tomorrow my goal is to rise as early as possible, schedule an appointment I need to make, make a few phone calls, and then get busy on the garage. My hope is to set up the weight bench and arrange the mower, weed whip, wheelbarrow, tools, and garden hoses. It sounds easy but there is a lot of things that have been collecting. As well, I am thinking about what to do regarding the engines. They are done for the year. I know there is a solution you can put in the tanks which will help the gas keep. I could also drain or otherwise empty the gas tanks. I am not sure if I need to do anything with the oil, though I doubt it. I worry about the snow blower though, as I am not sure I treated the gas. Then again, I am not sure there is any gas in the tank. Anyway, as expensive as these items are it behooves me to tend them.
I hope to do more work in the house this week. After my mother left, barring outside work and a few tasks, the rest of the unpacking, sorting things to my way of doing things, and a few other tasks and chores have been left off. I would like to finish the last dozen boxes of books, equipment of various sorts, and miscellaneous items. Some things may simply be tossed. I am not going to become a useless item packrat. As well, I need to complete some business this week. I need to check my bills, pay what is due, figure out my finances, and get going on the rebate and my state tax exemptions. *ugh*
Tomorrow is officially a work day. I need to try and get my work hat back on, get back in the saddle, deal with possible failures and not give in when they happen, and get back to it. Oh, I have been continuing my studies. Those are going along well, very well. Once I have completed the preliminary studies, I need to begin doing problems. That means, texts. Of course, it will be another week or two before I get to that point. Still, it is good to be doing physical work, mental work, business, and pleasure, all while mostly keeping up with home. It is odd, like juggling. I am past my Iowa freshman attempts, past my sophomore first year here, and into a bit more complicated maneuvers. Still, I feel like a slug. As much because I am one, if not by choice, as because even if I were not, everything tends to end up taking more time, effort, money, concentration, and dedication than what I would have thought, or did initially. Every time.
Well, later. A bit of tube to relax, a little sorting and cleaning in my bedroom, a meal, and then lights out. Good night, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here