.
.
At my last appointment my A1C was... right at 12.5. Okay, yeah, that's not good. I do believe the culprit was Gatorade. I have, of course, quit that. I just received (though it was sent weeks ago I suspect) a blood sugar tester. I tested my blood sugar, non-fasting, last night, first thing. It was 102. Oh, and I do eat sugar, I have soda occasionally (or more), I even eat white bread and pasta as that is often what is delivered in my meals! Go figure. Then again, I am getting more vegetables, and home grown ones quite often. While, as well, for my part, I continue to cook pure meats for myself. Salami and cheese continue, as does milk. Coffee and Splenda are a regular daily thing now. I purchased both Splenda and Stevia (or Truvia), and will be trying Stevia(?) after I finish off the Splenda. Since D.C. suggested that Splenda is as bad as sugar, for diabetics, I will be putting that to the test, personally. Ah, but don't worry, just because something is true for many, perhaps even supposedly for all, it doesn't mean it will be true for me. Stevia usually has a licorice aftertaste for me. And it doesn't seem all that sweet. Yeah, odd. I have heard others say Stevia has a licorice flavor, but not that it doesn't seem sweet. Then again, sugar doesn't taste all that sweet to me, either, nor Splenda. They just add a touch.
I was supposed to go to the V.A. today. I am going to call, shortly, and reschedule. I simply cannot make it. The heat has just been brutal. On top of that, I have been missing my medicines. Not every day, just a little too often. I can't keep on top of things until I get some cool. I was sick last evening, and was forced even to turn away guests. I simply wasn't up to much of anything. A migraine, slight nausea, the works really. I am hoping after yesterday, then today, of staying in and cooling as much as possible, that I will be able to install the ac tomorrow, or even later this evening. On the good side, at this time in the morning I am not just cool enough, I am actually cool. I really needed that. Same with yesterday.
Well, I best make a call then get to bed. Have a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here