.
.
Yes, these are troubled times. Yes, America really is on the cusp of losing what makes us special. But too, yes, many have awaken from the dreaded slumber that was leading us all to our demise. And I do mean demise.
Over a million American men have given their lives for 'the cause'. And, that has kept America free and prosperous. Not only the men who died, but the men who survived, came home to enjoy the freedoms they had fought to keep, share, even spread. Those men learned hard lessons, learned too that war is not preferred, and came back to families and jobs. Those on the civilian side saw the sacrifices and made some of their own, lost loved ones, and learned to make do. We live in a wonderful experiment, the hope is that we can keep it going. That will take some work.
Fireworks, cookouts, and whatever. I hope people enjoy the day. Party like it's 1776... well, maybe not quite 1776, I think they were getting busy for the real thing, partying would have to wait. For myself, a few phone calls. My lady friend called me and I called my mother. I won't call my friend. Not until I am in any shape to get out. I am just... enjoying a pain free day, one that finds me awake and somewhat aware. Perhaps some reading in a bit, maybe even a shot at Latin. I am a bit leery of getting too far into Latin without an speaking package. Yeah, I know. We don't know how they spoke, in truth. But there is a more common understanding and a lot of misunderstanding, as well there is the liturgical varietal, which differs from secular or common Latin. It would be interesting to attend a proper Latin Mass though, and understand it. Yes it would.
Oh, just have yourself a good, safe, 4th. Good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here