Saturday, January 13, 2018

Double log post.

.
.
Down like a rock in the deep blue at 22:30.  I was carefull to study the time.  Knew I wouldn't remember the exact time, can't remember if it was before or after.  I was falling so hard I was just hoping this small data would be stored.  Tunnel vision, narrowing at a seeming exponential rate until it slammed shut so hard and fast I woke with a minor headache.

Up with a start, if not of the doings of my body or mind.  MOO!  What in the heck?  A dream.  MOO!  Wow, that... sure sounded close.  No trouble save we have a fast road out front.  Almost, or things were shaping up for, a bad accident at one time.  Anyway, I was just about to call the other neighbor.  Did not want to go out.  Then thought better of it, so went cattle hunting.

Loud as it was, it surely was right outside, sounding to be feet, not yards, away.  After short walks from my porch in all directions possible, I finally had to go further, then much further. Cattle can move a good clip, and it was just sounding off every ten minutes.  Further and further, until it bawled again.  While outside I could track the sound back.  No, not close, back over off toward pens, I believe.  It is just such a clear night?  Sound enhancing air qualifies?  Good thing I didn't wake other neighbor.

Now to see about going back to sleep.  Cattle calls aren't so much a problem if I don't think they are in the road.  Probably.  I'll post if I can before crashing.  I do wonder if anyone else woke with that concern.  While that'll get things pumping, stepping out to potentially face off with a, or several, unknown bovine(s), armed only with a flashlight and spit, which I was running out of, that got me a juice sandwich.  Though the thought of fresh meat should things go wrong was comforting.  Not sure if that means I am an optimist, a beastly sort, or... just a bit too hungry.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here