.
.
Well, not really winter. The feel, and look, are there. It is 45 at midnight. If it doesn't drop too much more it isn't unseasonal. But 65 during the day is. I expect rain, from here on to snow too. But there is something different about the last storm. Too dark, bitter. While winter hasn't truly arrived, it's shadow has.
No matter, I was hungry. I got the grill going, put on a can of corn, then added an inch thick steak. I went rare, and it was tops. I have to remember to call for another group of steaks at the butcher. Two meals a day, a larger and smaller cut of fatter meat, and three sides as I see fit to distribute. It works.
The dishes were reset. The goal tonight is to kick those out, do two hours in the kitchen, hit the bathroom, and start on laundry. Then, tomorrow, get on the duck hutch. I'd like a day or two on that on my own, if... I'm running out of days! I'll save painting and limb removal until later in the week.
I wanted salsa, the habanera salsa my mom made just for me, with the last pork meal, but prefer it chilled. So... I put a jar in. I'll have that with leftover pork as my second meal. Oh, I did try it. She did very well. I'll have to talk her into doing that every other year, perhaps teaching me to do it the next time she is out.
I also need to reset medicine. It takes concentration. I think I can. A few hours to let the midnight lunch settle, if I'll reset dishes, medicine, and set laundry to go before setting the timer. Still tired, but wanting to crack back to work. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here