.
.
I kept trying to eat less. Succeeded, but without results. Blood sugar is staying in the 160's ~ 180's. So, yesterday, I made a placket of chicken drumsticks, and ate them. While tasty, I realized, after gorging twice, that the problem was not enough fat. Pork ribs and bacon was thawed for tonight.
Rather than have them separately, I combined them. Pork ribs aren't the fattest, at least not these. Wrapped in two pieces of bacon, however, and you are getting there. I haven't done this before, so had to make it up. I cooked the rip cuts partially first, then wrapped them in bacon for another equal time, having flipped them halfway in each cooking half.
It added a lot of flavor and the fat I needed. A few smaller pieces and I am absolutely stuffed. Two pieces is all I need, unlike the chicken, of which seven pieces just, mostly, worked. Ugh, way too full. May have to see if bacon wrapped chicken works. Not a bad trick, if working with partially cooked meat is novel and... odd. Worth the price of admission.
Crashing. Ate too much in spite of being a tiny... smaller anyway, amount. Nap time? Later.
I have had trouble with fatty pork recently. I don't mind some fat (if it's cooked properly), but (unfortunately) my wife has long held the major meat purchasing as her inviolable fief, and she automatically chooses price as opposed to quality. Unfortunate but, as she has been trained by her mother, there's little in the way of a cure other than locking her in the basement and doing all the grocery shopping myself. Sometimes a tempting thought, but there's all those questions that would need answering.
ReplyDeleteIndubitably.
ReplyDeleteThe old saying; Can't live with them, can't live without them? There. You. Go.
My mom runs the thrift routine as well. Can't break that at some point. I supplemented shopping with my last, but for the opposite reason. She wanted "organics". I just want true quality.
"Organics"? Have you been buying mock pig again?
ReplyDelete(Seriously, the people touting "organic food" are laughing all the way to the bank.)
I am pretty sure it (organics) is an economic psy-ops against the middle class. One more way to empoverish them through their own foolish, virtue signalling, natures.
ReplyDelete