.
I guess, not happy with putting a female in with the guys, or being unhappy about that being pointed out, they released the bucks. I had no idea if they would still be around. It was well dark by the time I realized, as I went to feed them for the last of the day. They have a latch, so it had to have been opened. I spotted them. I chased the youngest first, but... to no avail. Even ol' Rusty was a bit fast.
I put the ducks up first. It looks like the rabbits wanted to go in there, but were quite unceremoniously expelled. They kept popping their heads in, but remembered. The ducks are well bigger than the rabbits, and... there are many of them. Still... I suppose they kept assessing their odds. Even if they do recognize me, it would be in the day. At night, I am just a light coming for them. Had to shut the ducks. I could have tried to chase them in, but then both the rabbit and myself would have been unwelcome guests, and some of the ducks might have flown out, into the night. Bleh. I get it, I understand, it's... just... why can't we all get along?
Then I remembered, she had used a fishing net, a big one, for her ducks. I was pretty sure I had one, if I wasn't sure where it might be. In the garage was my bet, and correctly. So... I began... hunting rabbits. Eventually I caught Rusty, put him back. He was decidedly unhappy, if I think he will be happier fed, watered, and safe, than otherwise. He is a city slicker now, has no real means of surviving out there.
The young one... I chased him for another half hour. Having to hold the flashlight made it nearly impossible with him. No... it did make it impossible. I set up a box, as a makeshift shelter, and put food in it. I am certain he can survive without more food, and water, overnight. I just hope he finds the food, sticks around, until I can get him. It's a heck of a chore, chasing a rabbit at night, one-handed. Surprised I caught even one.
I am so very worn. Tired. Still, I am hoping to yet take a shower. Not much more. Just a shower, when I catch my breath. So as to be ready for... whatever happens tomorrow. I need that extra buck. I should have gotten another besides. Oh well. I'll... figure it out. Good evening and night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here