Friday, September 9, 2022

Chilly!

.
.
It is reading 56 out there.  Which, generally, isn't cold.  It can be cool, usually.  But, there is a wind with it that is unusual.  And that bumps it down through cool on into cold.  I just realized how cool it was getting in the house.  And, for the first time, downstairs, everything is off, the doors are shut, if I have left the windows open a crack.  Fresh air is... just so very good.  Can't get it in high winter or summer, so I get it when else I can, even if I have to bundle up a bit.

I went through the packages delivered today.  Thicker weed whipping line, I have 0.08 and this 0.095.  The usual is 0.08, but I have heard good things about the thicker stuff.  Now, I had planned to by a spooling weed trimmer, but without that, I am not sure if this will work.  I can try.  I know the 0.08 stuff will work, though I will have to cut it to length.  As the gas trimmer simply doesn't take spools, no way to wind it on.  I just take a length and wiggle it through, and that's that.  All good.

Parts and manual for the car.  Some more food items, and a few sewing bits.  I am still amazed at how many things one could really use, just for sewing.  From hand to machine, it's... actually quite a lot of bits and baubles.  It isn't all absolutely necessary, but much of it is very handy, to the near point of necessity.  Sure, you can go without.  But you can play sports in blue jeans, you can ski in some hick clothing (as long, mostly, as you stay away from cotton).  And you can fix cars with a fifty piece set of tools.  But, really, it's much much easier to do things with the right equipment.  And, if you like doing something, you will, eventually, get the right stuff.  I am... starting with the right stuff, even competing things.  Such as very good scissors, as well as rotary cutters.  So I can compare, contrast, or find niches for the various items.  Still, it's nuts.  Tools I get, notions are still a bit... confusing for me.  Today?  Folders, for patterns.  Okay, that is a one off, but... trust me... very useful.  And?  Nets for certain thread cones, or more specifically for certain types of thread, used on the serger.  There are workarounds, but not necessarily cheaper.  These really are useful.  Ugh.

I have stopped drinking coffee.  Almost just totally.  I may try tea again.  Still, I have some extra coffee, for if I want to start that up again, or need some at some point.  I also have tea stored, but won't be drinking all that much.  Not sure why I stopped, just did.  Makes me wonder if there is caffeine in there?  Weird.  Nobody just stops an addiction?  So... how did I do that?  Very strange.  But warm drink would be nice, from time to time, so... tea.  But not all that often.  Good to have stuff around, in shelf-stable form.  Which... I do.

Going to game.  See if I can warm up.  Before I closed the door, and shut off the fan in this front room, the computer area had dropped to 71.  With things off and shut, and the rest of the place trimmed a bit, it is up to 72 in about half an hour.  Yea.  The low 70s, at this altitude, can be cold.  It's just the way of the highlands.  A pleasant thing, sometimes.  A bit brutal, as it drops, though too.  

And one last note.  I am trying a new cheese tonight.  I worked my way through the well-aged gouda.  And, a 6.5 scale is okay.  Good even.  I am... harsh.  This new gouda is a three milk gouda, aged six months, so relatively fresh.  And?  Oh, it is wonderful.  I went back for a bit more.  I wanted to give it a 7.5, but I think it is closer to an 8 to 8.5.  Something... about it.  I had to push to keep from eating even more.  I will be cutting off the labels, and marking the number.  I may never eat a cheese twice, but if I want to... I'll have a categorized rating of cheeses to choose from.  

It amazes me how distinctly I remember a cheese.  There are some cheeses that are just bleh, and nothing stays.  But if I mostly liked it, say 6.0 or above?  I... will remember that cheese.  But if it is 8.0 or above?  I will drool just a bit, in my mouth, at the thought.  I haven't tasted a ten, that I remember.  I could only imagine what that would be like?

I went, mostly, with goudas.  Except for a few Italian hard cheeses, including their most famous.  Now with age, and such, prices vary.  I didn't spend for their oldest, but I didn't go with the lessor tiers.  A few mediums.  For grating on good dishes.  Sometimes more, sometimes less, is used.  Not sure I would like the truly expensive stuff.  That seems to be an acquired taste, like salted, aged, fish, or some wines, or anything serious umami.  I can do anchovies, in small amounts, or in a dish as background, but have... limits.  What about acquired do you not understand?  :p

On to gaming.  Have a great night.  Sleep well if you may.  Stay warm.  I'll... pray for you, and me, and the world.  If my days and nights get a bit mixed, I try to pray in the actual evening.  My big prayer.  The little prayers can happen at any moment.  Though even they can stretch on at times.  God, I sense, loves prayer as much as those devoted to Him love to pray.  He is never bored, or tired, of listening to us.  It's not a duty, it's... a spiritual hug.  The finest right hug from father to child, better as it is precipitated by the child.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here