.
Still awake, here at nearly a quarter after eight. I won't make it to mass tonight. I could have figured out a way to wash, to be clean. But I can't figure out how to be awake. My days and nights have begun to spin, more so in the last few days. The cold, the dark, caught up to me.
It is 36 outside now, but got down to 28 or 29. Then started warming to 30 then 32 before sunrise. Unusual, but that has been happening a bit lately. Very unusual. Warm winds must be coming in. Not high winds, well, fast winds. Perhaps though, literally, high winds. Up in the higher air levels? Don't know. All I know is three or four times this week I have seen it begin to warm just before dark. Oh, it happens. Just fairly rairly, until lately.
She didn't have much time to talk. She just doesn't talk for long these days. Her guy friend is coming to pick her up for a day or two. Or the weekend. It's raining, or a rain snow mix there, now. They must be getting what we got a few days ago. It was 40 there yesterday, same as here. Sounds like they got a few warmer days, then back down into the much of winter/spring weather with the rest of us.
She may just not be able to talk long these days? I don't know. It just is what it is. I have tried to discuss what I am doing, how I am feeling, and the weather. I have tried just to listen to her stories, and ask about some things. I have tried mixing my stories in with what she is talking about. She just... doesn't... talk much these days. So, I'll just have to talk once in a while. And she doesn't call anymore. I don't know the cause, or such. It is what it is. Always was, mostly, though, too.
I'll write a text. Had considered doing something at mass a few days ago, but my schedule changed so hard, so fast. I was going to bed around 5:00 for several days. Even fought back to 3:30 one night. But then lost it these last two nights. There is no way I will be awake in time tonight. Further, my sleeping cycling is leaving me busted, but making making it to church at any of the times available impossible. If it slides a bit more, maybe I can make a Sunday morning mass next week? Cricky but this can be annoying.
I saw a few courses which seemed interesting. Physics courses, of several types. I'd like to go through them, or certain of them. Plain physics, maybe up to engineering physics. Though to do an engineering physics I'd need to review some math courses. At least calculus, but maybe algebra, trig, and geometry before that? Not sure. May look at the simple physics course, first, then poke around in the engineering physics to see.
I have stored the courses on the side, and along with Spanish, which I plan to work every other day (heavy) and lightly in the between days. Initially just reading, listening, and repeating. Words and simple phrases first, then adding in trying to create responses to phrases, and working on grammar.
My Spanish is very weak. But my general language skills are pretty good? Basically, to learn a foreign language, you have to first, oddly, learn your primary language to a far more precise skill level. THEN you can move on to digging into the foreign language.
Though, too, once you have mastered a few languages, something... changes. You begin to be more open to the way of thinking in a foreign language. Though, in truth, even if you become fluent in a dozen languages, you... are... always a learner. Though, this is also true even in your own language. You will never master a language. I almost think the better you become at language, the less you (or I anyway) feel like conversing. The rules, laws, ways, and even myths and legends of languages can suffocate communication. It's like reading a map and compass and getting lost for it? Or the idea that the more you learn the less, you realize, you know? Somewhere in there.
Anyway, I will keep going, into Spanish. I have found a more serious manual on the tongue. More aimed at advanced users, even advanced Spanish as a first language speakers and writers. Still, I... think that is what I want. I will have to leave go on some things, choose my battles with the book. But, that is where I will... find mastery... of certain aspects.
I keep looking for plumbing videos, but really haven't found any which help any more. I know it is just a blockage. I am hoping my friend will be able to make it Monday, just for a second brain, and second pair of hands, as I work things. The problem is that the tub is NOT draining. Not at all. *sigh* And it has all that nasty stuff down in there.
I may see about cracking a pipe open down there, to let it drain into a bucket. Then seeing about getting a snake up and in. If I can stand, when I can wake, as I may. Ugh. But, now, I'll just send the text, then go on to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here