.
With it looking like mom is really heading out, I am beginning to restock. Not... everything I used to carry. But a few items I still want on hand, things she burned through, gifted away, sold? Paper plates, paper towels, and a few such items. She'll get a starer kit, but no more. And, much, I am having her buy. I'll just fill out her kit, a bit, to start.
I am teaching her to buy in bulk. Much cheaper. And I will keep a small larder for her here. NOT to be confused with my goods! You can buy a case of tp for $33. With enough for six months to a year (for me). While a small supply at the store, a sixth that amount, costs half that much... or close. Paper plates, too. Far cheaper in larger amounts. Women have completely forgotten home economics.
New ice machines, for both of us. But she has bought hers. I will give her a reverse osmosis machine, if it really may need new filters after a year of her. For my uses, filters last twice to three times their stated life. With her alone, at least with me doing the work, plus my scant use, they lasted half the given duration by time. Ugh.
All good. Oh, I think I have a big roll of foil somewhere. I need a spare now. She went through my old one, new when she got here, in a year. It lasts me... Three, maybe four, years? Ugh.
Now, to be partly fair, I don't use because I don't eat daily, not even every other day these days, always. But she eats... many times a day. She emptied a bigger bottle of soy sauce, pretty much solo, in a few months I think. Gah! But, meat that was out, would have gone bad if she didn't cook it, though she overcooked it. *sigh* Though, it wouldn't probably have been out without her here? She doesn't waste, though I use a lot less.
Just, no. I simply can't afford her. I'd have to make a lot more money. Even then, I would have to have most things locked away, even cleaning supplies and laundry sundry. I have no idea how she went through seven huge containers of laundry detergent in her first six months. Or gallons of bleach in two weeks. Or cases of paper plates. And all else she seemingly vaporized.
Anyway. It will be back to a normal soon. I will probably move into her room. Just using my floor sleeping kit in the then empty room, if with a working bathroom. A very nice thing after years of no bathroom up here. Then, begin clearing and cleaning up here and the spare bedroom, and front/sun room. The sun room may end up with a weight bench, iron weights, and workout station with mats. But, that would be if I can't sell at the right price as soon as hoped.
I can just tucker down until prices rebound, or I let it go back to the bank. Banks are terrified. If prices don't drop, buy volume remains dead. If prices drop, all that equity they loaned money on becomes bankruptcy. They can't push, pull, or much else. Like everyone else who has lived beyond their means, reality is coming due. No one will escape this mess.
What was it the Jews called it? When all debt was forgiven? Jubilee? Little ones every seven years, major ones every forty nine years. Far, far, overdue. Oh, they will squeal all the way through. But it will happen, one way or the other. How complete of a forgiveness? To the bone, or ashes. Choices. Billions, trillions, and armies, won't save the clowns. A real reset will happen. Too big to fail? At this point, I think even just one of those old institutions has become too big to save. Just the auto industry, but toss in the banking (on that side), but also add banking on real estate sides (commercial and residential). All rotten at this point.
Hmm? Oh, just... thinking in writing out loud. Cheers.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here