.
The last two days have hit 97. I had to go to town yesterday. It was brutal as it heated. It was just hitting 97 when we returned. I was on fire. I got in what I remembered, then got up here, with both ac's running to beat the band, and the fan on full blast. Stripped to as close to the bone as possible. The laid out as flat, quiet, and bare as I could.
Even so, it took an hour to cool enough to begin sleeping. Brutal, absolutely crushing for me. I had acclimated to the heat. While the high 90s to low 100s are a test, when it cooled off so deeply and quickly, my acclimatization vaporized. That heat fried me.
Sleep helped. But I still need recovery time. Sleeping during the day, too. And with the ac's and the heavier fan keeping the place as chill as possible. Currently, near me, while 97 outside, it is 72 in here. Cool enough. Sleep is hit or miss... the light streams in, and I can still sense the heat.
A few last things, to set mom up. Some knives, paring, chef, and a bread knife. Going with Dexter. She wanted my Viking set. No. She doesn't treat such knives with proper care. Further, if I had to replace my knives I would go with Dexters. Meant for heavy use, inexpensive enough to be abused. Perfect for mother.
As well, a cast iron plaque for heating tortillas, or even making grilled cheese sandwiches, or other such. Far better than a toaster. Plus a few other odds and ends. My brother said he will help her out as well. I wonder if he would go in on the stand-up chair. With paying her first month and deposit, and else, it will be a tight month. Though... perhaps that was just... talk. I simply don't know.
I am doing what I can for her. I have grievances, but set those aside as things are being... managed. Even if we ended up enemies, she is in a pitiable station. Not even I will kick the walker out from an old woman. Probably. It would have to be to prevent her doing a lethal bad for no right cause. Literally or virtually.
Well, I'm going to try to sleep again. Good... night, day, afternoon, or... whatnot. Ah, and blessings, even to my enemies. Thanks for giving me strength. Not your intention, most likely. *Cheshire Cat grin*
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here