Monday, May 5, 2008

Not bad, given everything?

As I may have noted, I did rise and shine early and well. I was cooked out of sleep and that is fine. I woke to a full day of things I wanted to get done and little hope of probably doing it all. Is that always how life goes? I had wanted to work out, everything was definitely set up for that. I wanted to practice piano, another easy task. I was hoping to go bowling, do some price checking for a friend, write something I had indicated I would write for a group to which I belong. Lots of stuff, and of course, a few other things just hanging around, nagging me into action (or is it inaction toward which nagging leads me?).

Well, my lady friend decided today would be a good day to drop by. I had told her I had Queen Elizabeth (the movie), with whozits. I had told her I did not wish to watch it alone, it seemed to odd a thing to watch without having a woman around to excuse the action. So, this morning, unbidden and without much warning, she called to let me know she would be over, and asked what I had for breakfast. Fruit, cold cereals, grain (hot) cereals, eggs, and bacon I indicated. Hmm, that was not good enough, she thought, so… and she left it there. I do not care if someone complains, so long as she takes care of her complaints or reasonably allows me to help.

Ten minutes later, my doorbell rang. It was not my friend, as I expected. It was the domestic… urhm, home health aid… something like that. Have to watch for all the sensitivities these days, what is in a name or title can get you harassed, arrested, or put away somewhere else. Anyway, I had no warning she was supposed to be here. There were some things for her to do, but I had hoped to get a specific area cleaned the next time one of the ladies was here, but that area was going to be being occupied by my other surprise guest, so that could not be. As well, while engaged with company, I would not have been able to help in the cleaning (which is necessary until this place is a bit more correct). I am hoping after one or two more sessions, the cleaning might be very quick and automatic. Just dusting, vacuuming, sweep, maybe mop, restroom cleaning, and an odd or end along with that.

Yeah, I can see people saying “Do you really need a nurse and home health provider”? And it is a valid question. All I am going to say is that my ability to function and my functionality is at the highest it has been in… (decades? Yes, in) decades. And, the meds were not able to do it alone. I have been on them for over a year now, and they had not lifted me quite to this point, ever. If I can get help, even just help, on the things that allow me to function but which I cannot do or do alone, there is a great chance I may be able to focus on that which I can do, and get back into the game of life. So, yes, I probably do need this. Are you really going to begrudge a man who has been outside of life for two decades a chance to get back in? It would be great to have a wife who would be willing to tend these things, especially in the hope that I might work my way to a higher income. But even if I could just better manage my share of a shared life would not be too bad, especially if that grew to include fatherhood.

Oh, right, back to the list of duties, tasks, and diversions. I did every single one of them. Actually, it ended up that the advice I received about weight lifting was right on track. I almost did not complete the last two sets of the last of 7 sets of exercises, but I pushed on. They were hard, but they really were not killing me. I did every last one, and I was tired. A quick shower and then I played piano for about a half an hour. When I was dried and cool, I dressed and headed out to find the price of some items. I stopped at two places, then just called four more businesses when I returned home. After I came to a conclusion, I sent the friend a voice message. But before returning home, and after stopping at the two places, I went bowling. Ouch! That hurt. Oddly, my left butt cheek hurts like the dickens! That reverse kick to counterbalance the bowling ball is using muscles, tendons, or something that I have not used in so long, it seems I am reinventing every scintilla of that unknown. Knitting muscle from bone, it seems, and it HURTS. I limped, hopped, and skipped through two games of bowling, in spite of wanting to quit this too. I think it will be another week before I go. When I returned, and after I placed those price check calls, I got to the writing of an article for my group.

I am quite pleased. And yet I am not done. I will play some more piano, play some WoW, then maybe watch some tv. Oh, yeah, I also called my Mom. She says hi, by the way. Yes, she is like me that way. Her favorite show is on tonight, and she suggested I watch it. It is not my favorite show, but it is ok, for Hollywood anyway. So, I will try to find when Two and a Half Men plays in my area, and that will end my day (or become a part of it, depending how late it shows). Hmmm, popcorn? Yes, I think popcorn would be a great way to finish the day. Popped in one of those old kettles just for popping popcorn, with the stirring rake and handle mechanism to pop it all and well. Mmhm, popcorn.

Oh, tomorrow has at least one thing on the list. When I went to play the DVD, my system would not work. I cannot be sure, but I may have tried to rewire my system before I went to my Mom’s house. In doing so, I may have hooked something up wrong. Well, if the lady and I are to enjoy a show, I had best get the system working (or remember how it works, four remotes and satellite stereo can be a chore and a pain). Scratch that, make it two things on tomorrow's list. The local library is local enough that I can walk there I do believe. So I believe, on top of getting the DVD working, I will begin some sort of research project or another. Who knows, I might actually find something interesting to study and try to understand independently. Wish me luck?

*poof*

2 comments:

  1. Glad the temp change was the answer to a better awakening in the morning. Easy fix, once realized.

    Wonder if 'half-deep knee bends', done gently, might ease the butt muscle? Then some heat, followed by ice? Of course, walking to the library might be enough to loosen it some too.

    What a productive day! Bravo.

    If help with the house helps you, I say use it.

    Anxious to hear what you think of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now that I figured out the temp thing, it is actually getting too warm to work that way. I cannot quite use air conditioning, yet, nor can I rely on the furnace. The weather varies greatly, from down in the 50's and sixties to nearly in the 80's, and rolling from one to the other within mere hours. Oddly, it always was spring which was most difficult for me, something the medical field initially attributed to bipolar.

    Not being able to sleep even as poorly as usual might cause more extreme highs and lows, no? Fools, I feel like I am dealing with children sometimes. I wonder if they knew, or if they are just indoctrinated so deeply into the b.s. that they couldn't have thought clearly? Fools!

    At least this doctor does understand and is working with me. I have impressed him enough, by being honest, that he is considering dropping the bipolar diagnosis and replacing it with a sleep disorder/exhaustion syndrome type of diagnosis. My response to medicines for this, and lack of response to the other medicine only bolsters his views (and mine). And, I am doing a good deal better.

    Well, urhm, were did all that come from? *laughs*

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here