.
.
Watching financial moves, reading about the political football being played, and just catching on to some of the winds of the world, I realize now is a turning point in history. I might be lead to think this was born in the sixties, and to some extent it was, for here. I might go back further and point to Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, and others. And, that would be true to some extent, of course extending back to Marx. But the truth is, this battle has been waged, won, and lost many times over the course of time. But it culminates, for us and for the world, now.
There are other nearly free nations. Some of them are freer, economically, then America. Some are freer in a libertine manner. None of this will matter if the unilateral world power quits being a free power. If we fail, those nations who have attempted to emulate what we have here, however they have chosen to express it, will fall. No small flame can be lit in the rain. That flame that is the yearning of free men to be free, unless we are truly merely animals, cannot be extinguished. But it can lose voice and representation. It has before. If it does not now, it will in time.
Some of this is due to people being foolish. Some of it is born on ignorance. Some of it, of course is brought about by evil, lying, naivete, and other such things. Though it is not quite right to say that people should not look to themselves, that was actually built into our system. What is the major problem is people who choose to believe they will get something that simply cannot be had. The exchange of power for health care, a loving government, or anything else is merely a scam. It takes money from people, and power, and gives it to those who have proven again and again that they will abuse it.
If it were just the poor, the uneducated, or such, that would be one thing. When you hear a college teacher express that Biden is just so cute when he says the things he does. Or when you hear another who simply knows Obama is going to make the world better (somehow). One has to stop and wonder at all that has gone wrong to bring us to this point and what it would take to correct it. I suppose even that side knows there is a problem, if they cannot really grasp it. Their plan is euthanasia of one sort, but more likely on every front in which they can legislate it or enact it. Those of us who are appalled at the notion have no response except to fight it, and usually lose. It certainly makes me question "conservative leadership" at almost every level. How do you give real hope to people who have none and who have the vote? How do you express the fact that every day is a new chance to people who have quit? How do you tell them that there is something better than lies, death, other people's money, and taxes?
If I were a multi-gazzilionaire and saying these things, that could be put off. I am not. I am a lower income cripple. I am one of those voices who is supposed to believe my government will take care of me. I am supposed to believe the lies. I do not believe. Further, even if I thought these things could be done, I do not believe in the underlying principles required to make them true, that is stealing other people's money at an unbelievable rate, socializing medicine, and undermining whatever founding principles this nation was built on to enact these things. I am weary, my mind is boggled, what else is there to say.
To an unfortunate extent, most in the western world [and to a small part in America as well] are happy to take from others via taxation, otherwise known as stealing.
ReplyDeleteWe're just squabbling over, 'how much is alright'.