.
.
I stayed up late, if I got little done. Still, I set my darned alarm for 6:00 and, at 6:02 I turned the thing off and got up. A little rough, but a lesson if I can take it. And what with the recent Mormon invasion, I would like to keep my day "job". I like having folks visit. Still, I need to get to work on straightening, something I have yet to complete. The place is not horrible, but it is not something which would be keen for visitations. I must... push. Plus my lady friend will be here in a week. I have to get going.
I did make a partial list of ingredients for both a supper with my friend and my lady friend menu items. I am going general, for now, though I may call her and ask a question or two. I think rather than a big bird, I will go with cornish game hens, unless she asks for something else. That is, unless I can get off my duff, go to my neighbors house, and ask if she knows anyone who raises ducks and might have them available in the freezer, or goose. Those make fine fair. I am planning on apple and pumpkin pies, though I will try honey instead of sugar this year. Since honey is sweeter, it takes about four parts honey to 5 parts sugar as a conversion. My lady friend, as I mentioned, is on a "sugar free" diet, while using honey, due to her glycemic index rising and threatening her healthy insurance premium. Silly girl, she will never learn, food fads and women. Thank God I'm a country BOY! :p
Sassy went a bit nuts yesterday. She jumped and scratched, deeply. Yeah, okay, I was not exactly gentle. Digging in claws when I am not expecting it can make poppa a sore loser. Well, that and yesterday night, she attacked my legs while sleeping. At first it was just a tap, tap, tap, then the claws came out and she drew blood, twice. BAM... Do not mess with sleeping ogres! Both were reactionary, but I do not have any guilty conscience over the learning moments she just went through. She will lose the limp in a bit (joking, she is NOT limping). She gets all hyper hungry, or horny, or something, and just... animalifies. ('nother made up word, sue me).
Sam is Sam. She is absolutely blind during the day. Which can be fun. Moving my hand 12 feet from her and she cannot tell if it is close, threatening, the kitteh, or what. I tease her, then let her know by voice that it is good. I think they now know when I laugh, all is good (or they are about to die, heh). And I cannot tease them for too long without laughing. Then they get all surly and stuff. More and more they remind me of women. Ah well, I guess I do like women a lot too, if they are all just as strange as any cat I have ever known... Save maybe Precious and my current lady friend, both were outliers even in that world view. *Wrowrrrrh!* hehe
Well, I best get to work. I will spend a couple hours waking up, take a shower, get to the snowblower and see if the beast will start after a few ministrations, then go to the local store and see what they have, and then probably drive in to town to get some things I am sure the local store does not have. The local store just went through a change of management and a facelift, and in any case, I need to start supporting them. Yes, more money for product. But having a local store, so I do not have to drive to town all the time, would be nice. Plus, I bet if I start coming in regularly, I can get them to offer certain items I need and want.
Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here