.
.
No, the new oil was not put in free. The price difference was $50, which I did have to pay. I was not looking for a free ride anyway, and there was no extra cost, so I will not complain. They did have it that I used full synthetic the last times so they bit whatever their loss was. After putting my vehicle in, I hiked to my see my friend. I really do move. I do not go as fast as someone on a bike but most people would be hard pressed to keep up with me, more so if any distance is involved. I simply do not like sitting still or barely moving. In my X, on foot, whatever, the operative notion is... go! go! go! Get there, get done, get back, sthu. Do it! And, I do.
I do have some sort of respiratory problem. My breathing is heavy, labored a bit. Probably flu leftovers or even active infection. It does not seem to slow me down or cause a shortness of breath, it just means breathing takes a bit more effort regardless. I am still achy, more so in the morning. I also seem to have small fevers occasionally. Nothing brutal, just a pain in the thorn as no one says but me.
I did shop around for the random orbit sander of choice. It was not to be found. I found the second and third, but really, I want the top choice. It is not the priciest, prettiest, or biggest name. It is not American made. (Though, after some consideration on American made I have come to the conclusion that the difference between a foreign owned company in the U.S., a U.S. company using union work (and often foreign (Chinese parts) anyway, and pure Chinese work... all equate to about the same thing, save that Chinese workers are cheaper. Quality differences favor foreign non-union U.S. manufacturing.) Ridgid is the brand. A 2.2 or 3 amp model, if it has variable speed on it, is perfect. Bosche is next on my list, but not really in the running. It has to do with various speeds of doing things. So, I skipped buying one for now. When we go to Ogden I will look at some tool stores there. After looking at those, my friend picked up some reloading kit, then on to lunch. An omelet, sausage, and iced tea (unsweetened altogether, thank you).
When I got home, the sun was shining and it was a fantastic day. I do not know that it reached 50 F, but I opened the front door and two of the larger windows. Oh, so nice to have fresh air in. Perhaps that will induce me to work on the dishes. I did clean the toilet today. Twice, actually. Protein is very difficult to get off even porcelain. I do not care what they say about bleach, it works and I use it. Though I do use a sort that has been blended or modified to work better in bathrooms. Further, I picked up my mail. And more, I may go back out and have a solo dinner out. An excuse to fill the gas tank.
I did order the Christmas presents for my friend, finally. And 3 pair of size 40 pants and 2 size 38. I still have not returned the others, but... yeah... I am on that. I also ordered a couple of portable seats, one with back support, for shooting. After an hour out there, a seat seems more of a necessity than a want. The legs are adjustable to from 16 to 23 inches, and independently so that slopes are not as much of a problem. They have large feet so they will not sink into mushy soil. They can handle 500 pounds, so I should be good. And the legs detach to be stored in the body of the seat, making them very portable, both are under 6 pounds. We will see. If they work, I am guessing there will be times were we will fight over the one with a back. Still, I wanted one without. Oh, and they swivel. We will see. Hey, I needed these things, if I should have sent the other package back first. Bah, I will, I will.
I best get going before it gets too late. McDonalds is not great, but it would help with some binding I have been having. And it is cheap. Whenever my stool becomes compacted, both the grease, size, and... something else from a McDonalds meal, seem to be the juice to makes it all loose. Faster than prunes, more sure than even exlax. In case you ever have that problem. And, no, I am not going to tinker with applicators or gloved hands. Not so long as McDonalds is still around.
Later, or more likely, good night.
"The price difference was $50, which I did have to pay."
ReplyDeleteErr...uh? Either that synthetic is some *very* pricey oil or they're pulling your leg.
Granted I haven't priced 100% synthetic oil lately, but if your X takes a typical 5 quarts per oil change, that's ten bucks *extra* per quart...
I will check. If they are trying to screw me, I will raise holy hell. Beyond getting a refund, which I will if I have to go to corporate, I would probably have to find another Nissan shop to take my vehicle.
ReplyDeleteI just did a quick search and found Amsoil 100% synthetic for $108 for a case of 12, or less than ten dollars a quart. I also did a quick search and it appears that most recent model Nissan Xterras take between 3.5 to 4 quarts at an oil change.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you probably paid full price for the replacement oil unless the brand you're using is a lot more expensive.
Dealer service departments are notoriously crooked everywhere. You might also look into finding an independent shop that can do warranty-approved maintenance work.