Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So very nice.

.
.
It was a perfect day to get out.  The weather couldn't have been more pleasant.  My friend and I both guessed it to be about 75 F, up where we shot.  A pleasant little valley, up in the mountains, no so very far from a local ski lodge.  It beat me up, being out, but getting ready, and having been out already once this week.  Toward the end I was heading downhill pretty fast.  I have become quite weak.  I wouldn't have missed it for the world though.  I needed to be out, and today is a fluke weatherwise.  Tomorrow it will be 20 degrees <strike>warmer</strike> hotter.  Too hot to do almost anything, possibly even a bit stifling in my castle!  The drive, the shooting, the weather, the mountains, and a friend.  All... very good.

The other day I was speaking with a neighbor.  I told him a bit about my past.  And he told me a bit about his.  His wife was the first woman he even kissed, met her in college, and... that was that.  I am not sure who was more shocked by whose story!  I... thought all guys were like me, or... close... or closer.  Oh, I find his tale endearing, laudable, romantic, wonderful.  I do.  I just have no idea... what it means?  Or something.  I hope he doesn't judge me too harshly, it is as it was.  And I have certainly turned that corner.  But I will never know what he knows, nor will he know my way thankfully.  I wonder how rare having had 50 lovers is (if you include one-night stands)?  Oh, and no diseases.  I truly loved 30 of those women, and one was extra special but she is no more.  

Oh, not going all fruity on you but... the sum of my feelings today could be addressed by this little tune.

Which reminds me, I need to ask 'her' out again.  Yes, spending a little time in her company is pleasant.  And more, after that first clutzy outing, I found my feet.  Perhaps not my head, and the heart is it's own animal.  She is just pleasant to be with for a bit.  Yeah. 

If you have someone to do a samba through life with... then... somba away.  Your... not getting younger, you know.  And the samba only sometimes is physical.  Enjoy the sweet nothings too.  Flirt like you just met.  Get down on your knee, or if your a woman, be cutesy.  Just... because you can.  Take a spin for old Doom, doesn't have to be anything more than a kind glance and a smile.  Later or good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here