.
.
Regardless of how potent dreaming was recently, life has lost a bit of it's luster. Then again it has been cloudy, cooler, and a sense that fall is here. It's not here, it's just closer than before and... just seems like it has been hanging over most of August. I have enjoyed the cool. It just seems a little wrong. I hear August, here at least, had a greater number of cloudy days than usual, perhaps many more. From memory, as good as that is, it seems this August has been much cloudier, cooler more often, and... something else... something... fall like. I don't know, but if winter follows through, it is going to be hard, long, or both. Then again, as we age we notice such things... or at least remember noticing them? As a child, winter equaled cold. A bad winter, a good winter, a light snow winter? All the same. Cold. I remember hearing how this or that winter, as a child, was worse. I just couldn't tell the difference. A peculiarity, or just a type of personality not really geared, or at that time, for picking up such. I had books! Comics! Playing, fighting, and... other things on my mind.
My sleep cycle is twisted again. I suppose, given the time-frames, I would rather have my days, then my innards, twisted. But more, when I let it run it's natural course, my sleep is varying greatly, as is waking time. I can't seem to get a handle on it. Some of it is the weather changes, some of it is that new game. New toys, ones I really like, can... eat me. I fall into them like falling in love for some. I suppose they are made to be addictive. But they have to be careful with addictions. If one game becomes too popular, they will cease to make money on new games. I would suggest they have added a bitter components, aspects of the game that are meant to irritate the player on to other games, in some period of time. Truth be told, to figure out any three games, ones someone likes well enough, it could honestly take three years to fully explore, find every object, uncover secrets, and such. Some games could be played for a whole lifetime, and all of the possibilities not be explored. I am currently playing, I suspect, one of those latter type of games.
The game is rather demanding. I hear it used to be more difficult. The first in the serious was much harsher yet. They have "fixed" some aspects of the game to make it more broadly playable. I didn't realize this until after I had accidently updated the game. Usually I don't have the ps 3 connected to the internet. I must have needed, or wanted, it connected, for something and left it connected. Bad call. Now I am too invested in the characters, and there is no way to go back without losing the characters.
I was correct about a couple of notions regarding the game. It is a bit of a nerd game. Collecting specific armor, weapons, and skills is part of it. But digging into the game mechanics, trying to figure out timing, in some cases down to microseconds. Figuring out how to do some things that, really, are rather technical. It is not a game that can be played casually and well. Then again, I wonder how many expert model kits, with motors, gears, and such, end up just sitting, never finished... sometimes never started? This is a more adult game, of upper middle intelligence, but with components of hoarding, figuring, and surviving. Half of what makes it complicated is being given controls that run like mud, but against opponents who are in the same mud, but better than you... only with weak points you can, potentially, defeat.
I doubt, in the game, if there is a single enemy I haven't died, sometimes often, figuring out how to beat. At least after some of the lowest level creatures, as few of those as there were. And, in every boss fight, just understand, no matter how often you watch someone else on YouTube beat a boss, you will die your first time. I have beaten a few bosses first shot, but it is rare. Oh, and there are also named mini-bosses, and types that fit the bill. Some take a lot more time to figure out than others.
I was also right about some of the learning curve. I really couldn't have learned some things, like parry, or backstab, early in the game. When living on margins of survival, and needing to have enough chances to do it right, you can't squander your nerve and patience trying to learn a technical move. I am, at a lower-mid level, just now able to begin exploring these skills, albeit in the beginner areas. Even then, in this game, opponents scale. The first creatures I fought, at the beginning of the game, are still dangerous. It is more that their flaws are known much more precisely and I have more choices of weapons or skills. It will be some time before I truly master some of the moves and skills. The nice thing is that once I have them, they transfer nicely to another type of character... with some minor learning curve and extrapolation due to weapons and armor actions and reactions within the game.
It does give me something to occupy my time as I try to figure out my next real world moves. When I am up to that again. A down period is for movies, books, and games. Since I despise Hollywood, can't focus enough to read... games it is. Since I can't get up enough to go out, and have no one to play with out there, I'll... stick to electronic games. It's what I've got. I seem to be crashing "early" today. At least I was able to hold my schedule slip in check in order to take a trip Saturday. That actually surprised me. I didn't think I was going to be able to make it. I didn't sleep much the night before, couldn't. But I was able to manage staying up and pushing through the day... as prepared as I could be.
Well, yes... bedtime. Good night and... good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here