Monday, February 6, 2017

Hiding.

.
.
I am not sure the term hiding is quite right.  Burned out, not wanting to deal with more bad news, things like that.  It seems like hiding, it just, that's not quite it.  I couldn't get to sleep until this morning.  Then I could not drag myself out of bed in anything like a reasonable time.  When I finally did, I didn't want to deal with anything until I had gotten going and was ready to face... something.

The first thing I wanted to check was the mortgage.  I waited an hour, maybe two, and called.  Unlike last Friday, they answered, as they usually do, within a few rings.  The automated part takes, and gives, some information.  It was suggesting I was still in debt!  I didn't freak, just... kept it cool.  Then I got to a human operator.  After all the checks, she looked up the account.  According to her, as of tomorrow, the loan will be back in rights.  I will check tomorrow, and the day after if not.  If all else fails, I will wait until Friday, then begin digging in.

I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with social security today.  Still, I did end up looking for the address and phone number of, what I believe, is the closest office.  I found their page.  But they stop taking calls at 16:00.  Being past that, tomorrow is as early as I can begin working on it.  Perhaps I can be to bed at a better time, and wake earlier.  Difficult to know.  Stress just does things to you.  I haven't been able to find my birth certificate and ss card.  I hope to look a bit more tonight.  Who knows what all it will take if those are gone missing.  I need to figure out a secure place to put paperwork, and perhaps some other things.

However, it looks like things are going in the righter direction.  Without the social security income, I can't pay mortgage this month, which will put me a month behind, maybe (I might have a trick, maybe, still up my sleeves, depending on some other things).  No guarantees on anything.  I have worked to be resourceful, but there are limits and I am reaching them.  We'll see.  If that comes in?  I'm clean and easy, across the board.  Next month and from then on will be cake.  Perhaps I can think on... other things now.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here