Monday, October 23, 2017

Sleep called.

.
.
I Couldn't resist.  Up a few hours, six?  I am not sure.  The need never hit.  It was more like never waking.  Dragging my feet, hoping to wake, gain traction into the day, was all that kept me awake that long.  I have slept nearly a full extra sleep cycle.  If my senses are correct, I may end up back in bed shortly.  Fighting it has a time and place.  When it is this strong, as with a riptide, there isn't positive choice.

No worries, a bit of this, adjustments as possible, and sometimes I can do really well.  How long I'll crash varies greatly year to year based upon unknown factors.  If, probably when, it gets bad enough, without a woman to help track, I can get a bit lost in it.  Worse, lately, at the beginning and exhausting end of the dark and cold.  There have been nearly whole winters lost, though long ago.  I have been considering attempting something close to a regulated hibernation for the future, to save on things.  Not sure, possible, this year or next, or not.  I wish the extra sleep felt good.  It just doesn't.  The more I sleep the more tired I feel.  I don't have a choice.

Sam was out today.  Letting her in she seemed upset.  I didn't check that time.  The next time she seemed really out of sorts.  I did look that time.  The horses were closer?  After a few oddities, I am all but sure it is the horses.  I went out, even approached them to show her that they are safe.  Got to admit, they have serious attitude.  Not exactly perfectly hostile, simply rigidly exclusive, not interested in interaction, and they seem to be willful.  Not sure, without the electric fence, how far they would push it.  Yeah, I get it.  Maybe I am no longer used to horses, but I think these two have paired to the exclusion of human or other animal interaction.  Not friendly.  Hopefully not too ornery.  I hope the owners get along with them better.

Hmm... Not much else.  Just, for now, to find a way to remain awake, for a while anyway.  Later?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here