.
.
How strange, the day. I was awake late enough to let the ducks out. Woke just in time to lock them in. They go to roost early, without fuss. Though, if they happen to be out, all I have to do is slowly approach and the go home. Naturally fearful of everything, really. Fed and watered, they are satisfied. I just need to arrange bins for nesting.
I slept around twelve hours. In part, I am sure, due to it being overcast again. As such it was cooler. It is right at 80°, but on a day which might easily usually be in the 90's, even 100's. The latter is rarer, but expected several times a summer. Not this summer, so far. If in fairness, this summer is only half to two thirds over.
Upstairs was 68°, due to cloud cover, where it is usually 72°... near the window. The strange thing was that I had kicked off all my blankets. I found that throughout my sleep. I didn't wake hot, so I would pull blankets over me again and again, only to wake wanting blankets. I tried going without, but ending getting chill and having to struggle through heavier sleep and chill shortly... I found it far more prudent to use the natural awakenings to adjust blankets back. Strange days.
And dreams. I do suspect I visit the sleeping and waking minds of others in my wanderings. Those I know, some loves. They have to allow, perhaps invite? I don't care, it is always a bit psychically wet and icky to be that intimate, especially when certain feelings, notions, curiosities, and such are stirred accidentally, consciously or not. To think a thought, or have a stirring memory, while along for the ride, can... make for a far more... interesting ride.
I am going to water the side yard, just a bit. I am not up in the day, and the seeds need water. All of the areas planted are beginning to grow well. It looks like they add clover? To offer shade for grass as it starts. I would have thought that would be counter productive, but not so much. Those seeds have been a fantastic grass producer. It's just the brutality of the sun. The clouds are helping.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here