Thursday, July 29, 2021

A final count.

.
.
I was able to do a close count of ducklings... the newest batch.  Between the two double mothering hens, I counted nineteen.  Now, there might be some which weren't there.  And the count was done at distance, so may have been flawed.  If there was a miscount, I am suggesting an undercount.  And, of course, if a few weren't present which is occasionally the case, that too would be an undercount.

So, I would say, in the last batch of chickadoodles, there are 18 to 24.  And, yea, that is a lot of ducklings.  Of course, if I end up with a dozen to adult, I would be extremely lucky.  So, I can't even count my ducklings before they age out.  Even then, there is always danger.  Still, it's... a lot of little fluffballs.  I do enjoy, even if for a moment.

I was writing this much earlier, when time to go arrived.  I wasn't able to finish, so that is done.  There were a few other things as well, which I will go on to tell.

I received a phone call from my mother's man friend.  He said she is doing better, and they are looking at getting her into a nursing facility, short term, in the next few days to week.  Which was a relief.  I had called her a day or so before, and... was shocked and upset by what I heard.  All I can tell you.

My brother has ideas.  I won't discuss them currently.  I am in concurrence, if limited myself.  Both of us are limited.  It's just the way it is.  Who knows.  But plans are being made, devised, refined, considered.  For once, I will simply comply, mostly.  Do I agree?  I suppose so.  That... isn't always the point.

I didn't water tonight, the lawn.  We have received rain, today, both before I woke, and while I took my second sleep.  We are forecast to have more rain, and it feels it.  It isn't cooling much, if humidity is as much a problem as anything.  While it, last I checked, was down to ~60, humidity is 57%.  Bleh.  The air just isn't moving, and humidity makes even this temp sticky.  Though that 60 isn't getting into the house.  It's in the high 70's.  The air just isn't flowing in.  Fans can't push it.

Well... it's late.  I kept wanting to cool the house off.  Lost track in the warmth and humidity.  And, here I am, at nearly 06:00, with nothing to show for it.  I did check the birds, fed and watered them as I checked the rabbits.  Then closed everything up and was done.  A nap, or out for the day?  I'll try for a nap, and to push through.  I have some things I'd like to do.  But, limits, capacity, ability, etc.  I'll do what I can.  But some sleep has to be had.  Good night, morning, and day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here