Monday, September 11, 2023

Caught up with the young man.

.
.
Married, now.  Living out on their own.  Working two to three jobs at a time.  One more than full time, the others when he has time, or on certain odd schedules... Four jobs, actually.  He hasn't slowed down a bit.  Wife doesn't always like it, but... it... is... good for them.

I told him things when he was young, about women.  I am all but certain he thought I was a sex maniac, or fiend.  Now that he has married?  He laughs, and... learned.  It's... not all that bad.  He was thirteen, and would have figured women out soon enough anyway.  I... may have taught him a thing or three.  *grins*  Though he is learning some things on his own.  I just... like hearing the stories of life.  Sounds like married life is... what it is, for good and ill.  I am pleased he is... there.

The trip wasn't as long as I remember it.  Two to three hours.  His wife had a meeting, and else.  Plus, we had some things to discuss.  Business.  Considerations.  Contemplations.  We'll see.  But it was a good night.  I thought it was going to be rough, terribly off schedule.  I would have been to bed by 15:00 to 17:00... for the night.  Just a few hours of nap, then out at 19:00 or so.

Now I need to come down, then go on to bed.  All good.  If I can help, I will.  He and his brother purchased an old truck, a big one... for hauling.  Technically a dump truck, but not as in trash, as in farm type.  That isn't working.  The engine needs work.  But, getting that going could allow large loads to the garbage place, and and easy drop.  A lot cheaper than rental of a bin, plus weekly pickup... plus the timing issues.

Hmm, I may just go on to bed?  But... I can't sleep quite yet.  Ugh.  I hate this little form of insomnia.  Hope to get it managed before it becomes a full blown episode.  Coffee, strangely, helps.  And night meds.

Oh, mustard seed is in.  Five pounds.  Which was more than enough to fill an half gallon jar.  In the next few days I will make fresh partly ground mustard.  Like what you get from the store?  But to the heat profile I like, without sugar and other stuff, and a fun project.  Oh, and with kefir going, I need to get to mayonnaise as well.  Just add it to burger, one or both, cheese or not.  No need for a bun.  And these mayonnaise and mustard items are actually healthy.  Tomorrow, or the day after.  With work and then going out, I may be broken tomorrow, and the next day.  Might have shot the week.  But... that's not horrible.

A shower first thing, and finish off the dishes.  Those weren't done with... all else, and then the invite for the ride-along.  Still, I like life.  And surprises, some more than others.  Plus... ideas, options, chances.  Good day, and night.



Can't live with them.  Can't live without them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here