Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Up way early.

.
.
To bed sometime between 1:30 and 2:30?  Probably in the latter half more likely?  I'm pretty sure of it.  then awake around 5:30?  Not sure I'll be awake much longer, but it's nearing eight.  And I... will probably still be awake another hour or three?

Cloudy, again?  Sure seems like it.  At least there was some sun yesterday when I got out.  Lately, any time the sun shines you best take it, enjoy it.

On the good side, when I weighed in on the new scale, yesterday, weight was down to 231.x.  Down from 239.  Nice.  Not to my low of 224.6 (or so).  But better.  So very happy.  With the drop in freezer open, I'd really like to push toward using the flattop griddle again.  The weather is good enough, I can stand for long enough, and I hear I need to practice with pancakes.  Not for my own meals, to help out elsewhere.  We'll see.

Medicine in.  Coffee down... with collagen, and the cod liver oil.  I'm positive I am already feeling the effects of collagen.  Skin is softer, on wounds.  Well, and everywhere else.  When trying to deal with a very fast loss of fat, the belly is ugly, wrinkled.  About half of the excess remaining is just loose skin.  There is still some fat there.  If as suggested a lot of skin.

I won't be able to tell if the vitamin and mineral adds are helping, for a while.  The B vitamins I can, in time, just tell (or not).  Though not all their affects.  The niacin, B3, is hoped to help with triglycerides and cholesterol.  Same with the cod liver oil.  Those were already improving.  Still had some room to improve.  

Oh, but the electrolyte type minerals, added to the electrolytes with water, are working.  What those do is prevent dehydration and leg, even hand, and rarely rib cramps.  Yes, if I get too dry, or too low on those things, my hands can just seize.  Or the inner muscles of my ribs cramp, which is the absolute worst.  I can massage my legs, feet, even hands.  But not the inner part of my ribs.  Incredibly ingeniously horrific pain.

I wanted to change the bandage on my wound again, but... not yet.  When I wake up I'll do it?  Or... when I go back to bed?  Hmm, I'm thinking the last plan would be best.  Then I can sleep a bit, let it relax, before putting compression socks back on over it.  That can be brutal.

Later.  Or much later.

6 comments:

  1. Loose skin...welcome but ugly, Folds of loose skin waiting to be filled up... UUUGghhhh!
    I used to be HARD, I mean Rugby player Hard, Hit me,? Don't mean nothin', couldn't hurt me with an axe... Bloody matches!... Bring it! From Collage teams to So.Korean& Jap defense forces,Auzzi, H.K., Singapore ex-pats, Samoans in Hawaii, Brit oilfield workers in Dubai...played them all(lost most matches) "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time!"
    Bring Beer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was football, basketball, and track. But... we only had, say, 17 men for any of the groups/teams? In football, I was rarely off the field. Further, we played against teams with fifty players. I would have gotten all conference, if I had been going to college. They gave it to someone else, which was fair. I sacked five a game, with two and a half turnovers a game.

    But? If we had had rugby, I would have been much happier. I considered football a pussy game. Actually, basketball was much more brutal, if not rugby. Basketball was football without pads. I know, I was a hatchet man. Seriously. *grins*

    But, I was a fighter. I hardened quite well too. In the seventh grade, I k.o.'ed an eight grader. So seven of them decided to teach me... and got hurt. So, yes, I understand. One on one combat, even now, simply isn't fair to most other men. Not... that I care, if they start it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The guy that invented basketball was a rugby player/fan, so I can see.
    High school, right side defensive tackle...My job was to hit that quarterback, so hard he didn't want anything to do with me after that. I could make them hurt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ever play any Sioux City teams? I played against North, East, and Heelan. 3-way tie for Sioux interstate conference champs. East beat Heelan, Heelan beat us (Handshake post game they said "Beat East!... Beat East!!!), and we Beat East, that last scoring play is a whole other story...
    Glory Dayze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rugby/basketball? Now it makes sense. Yes, aye. I was tight end, defense and offense. But... our quarterback couldn't throw, at all, so was never given the ball to run, on offense. My job was the same as yours, though. I absolutely loved the terror in the quarterbacks' eyes. The big teams always used their second and third string quarterbacks against me, after my first half year of playing. Didn't want to lose their main to injury. *grins*

    So? I was playing rugby? I was just the only one? :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, but no. While I did live in Iowa for the last two years of high school, our whole high school was only a hundred people, give or take half a dozen per year. Just playing Spencer was the worst. I think they had, like, seventy five on their team! Ugh.

    Still cut through their defenses like it was butter.

    ReplyDelete

Backsass Here