.
.
The dishes are soaking, some where done, and supper was good. Ham and beans, something I cooked almost as soon as I moved in and it has lasted me this long simply storing it in the refrigerator. I changed Sam's litter box out, the "gravel" can only be 'cleaned' just so often and it was time, maybe a little past time. I also looked over the hiker's guide and picked out two suitable hikes. The first one looked to me like a good trial hike, and it has an extra bit of a hike at the end should I still be interested and able. I was very pleased when the author noted exactly what I had thought, that it was indeed a good hike to see if one is ready for hiking easy to medium, maybe more, hikes. The tomato and pepper plants have been watered, twice, and the bucket refilled for watering again tomorrow. There is more to do, every day. More than I can get done. On top of that I really need to unpack, set up, and get going with a home.
I am pleased anyway. I am satisfied with this day. I do look forward to tomorrow, knowing I will probably get less done than I hope, waste more time than I like, and yet still dig through that which needs to be completed sooner or later. Doing more each day, no. Becoming more acclimated to doing more over time, I sure hope. Even if I do not. Even if few if any of my plans are completed. Just living in an area in which I do not dread to forget to lock a door, I do not worry what I will see the next time I look out my window, and I have never felt evil so close to my person and right through my walls that I instinctively put my hands on my .45 and pulled it to me... from a dead sleep I had to shake my way out of to somehow get my hand to my gun and could not even open my eyes for the most part.
If I die here tomorrow, I will die in a place I do not mind resting. But I will not. I suspect, give or take, that I have six months to a few years to kick around and try and live rather than ending up in the grave. Maybe I will not be able to kick it over and ramp it up, and I will die. Maybe this is the right place at the right time to allow me the first step in a long life. That last is my goal, but I have and have had lots of goals, many have never been completed, some never can be at this point. But that means nothing. Each goal in my inventory is as stated until proven otherwise, and will be tended as I may.
Have a great weekend folks. I hope to do something on the 4th for the 4th. If that fails, have a great holiday weekend, remember who you are, where you live, why you are free to live that way, what it cost, and be thankful. Carry no guilt though, those of you who believe in what we are. Those people fought and died, not for your guilt, but for you, me, their own then, and us all. So enjoy that special treasure that only blood and honest strife against tyranny can buy... your freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here