.
.
Disappointing. I showered and dressed, putting the trash and recycling bins where they belong before anything. I decided to go to the bank first. I was able to deposit a check but they refused the coin, suggesting they could only take it... what... if the coins were rolled? if I had a machine? They said another branch office on the other side of town (technically another town *rolls eyes at the notion of towns being connected in all ways with no separation being considered different towns*). I went there, they said their machine would only accept coins that had been separated by denomination. Huh? I have taken coins in, at least twice, in amounts between $120 and at least $200. Have they sold their machine? Have they decided that taking coin is too risky, are people bringing in metal plugs that somehow pass?
All I know is that, technically speaking, if what they suggested is true, I really don't have a simple way of turning in coin. This is not rocket science, and it means my bank isn't full service. With all the problems I have been having with the bank, I am going to have to consider changing banks. Care must be taken, however. Some, perhaps many, banks are on the verge of collapse. From what I am sensing with my current bank, I am guessing they are among those. Then again perhaps all banks are in various levels of decay and are cutting back services and such. We are in trouble and it is coming fast. When it happens it will be overnight then nothing. That is my sense.
In any case, I went on to register my vehicle. I had it inspected last year. And with the newness of my vehicle I didn't think I would have to this year again. Wrong. Automobiles over five years old, I believe, have to be checked every year. Newer vehicles, like mine, only have to be checked every other year. However, that is based on the year the vehicle was manufactured. Those manufactured in odd years (mine) have to be inspected on odd actual years. A 2011 will have to be inspected in 2011, 2013, 2015, then every year after, I believe. It was too late to see about an inspection. The only thing positive was that when I checked to ensure my home property taxes were being paid, I was told they are up to date. Thankfully I won't need to harp on that to some agency and have one more subject to deal with. I also asked how long someone would have to be in arrears before action was taken. There is a five year window and they would send out multiple strong warnings. Okay. Now, I am slow, can be unlucky with mail, but I think five years is enough of a window even for me.
Having gotten little for the effort, I simply used the drive-through window at Burger King on my way home. I didn't feel like one more failure at some restaurant and I couldn't remember what I needed from the grocery store. The barbecue joint seems to be down. The sign is gone. But I did notice the door open and cleaning gear near the door, a mop in a large trash can on wheels. Being that it was flooded, I am sure any clean-up will be messy. But seeing the sign gone suggests, if it opens and this isn't just a contracted cleaning crew for the bank or mortgage holder, that new ownership is in the offing. I hope someone does try again. Lose the jazz, pick up the barbecue, and life would be good. I absolutely despise jazz/blues as only a step below rap. Yes, I realize, many of you love/play it. It had to come out though. Now you know.
I didn't get too hot! I was surprised. It seems to be just as warm as yesterday. And I did as much or more running around. And all that on top of having overheated yesterday and gotten to bed so very late for it, then awoken far too early. I even had to bring all the guns and ammo back into the house before going to town as I ran out of the energy yesterday to do that and I don't like having that many firearms in the vehicle without someone right there. For whatever reason I am doing good, just becoming mildly tired and readying for bed shortly, as I would want and expect. Fully dressed still, too. Usually I have to strip down when I return home, just to get air, to cool. I don't know that I will get to anything else today. But if I get to sleep early and well tonight, perhaps I can figure out where to get an inspection, check on an oil change, and get in for the registration, perhaps all before lunch tomorrow. Then spend some time on the house in the afternoon, if I can.
Ugh! But the Lord knows, I am putting every micro-ounce I have available into trying to get things right. He sent people over to do my yard. He is sending my mom to do my house. But He has to know I would rather do it myself. He loves me, I suppose God just thinks that maybe without being triple sand-bagged, I might become even more of a braggart. Then again, some of my stories, while they seem a brag, are just the way of it. They are parts of my life, things that happened, and offer various forms of shame, sadness, joy, and the rest of life's offerings. From surviving a heavy dose of Draino, surviving flood waters on an already savage waterway without a boat, to having quite a number of relationships with women. I don't always see it as bragging. I don't even mostly see it as bragging. Some of it seems so empty and dry to me, the empty relationships for example. Though when someone perks up about it, I can... be a dog about it. Oh well.
Good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here