Friday, January 20, 2012

Heart isn't all.

.
.
I went to bed at about 17:00 last night. Simply put, running from 1:00 in the morning onward, I ran clean out of gas. But fair enough. I slept until 4:00. A little bit of extra sleep, but if I am remembering correctly, I have been shaving a bit of sleep time while I shift my sleep patterns. Even if not, shifting my schedule takes a little extra energy. So I don't mind the extra sleep. I woke pain free for the first time in a while. My goals haven't changed and I would attempt them with or without pain anyway, it just makes it all just a little easier.

I noticed Vox writing something about slowing down as we age. He finds that seems to be the case in his games. Slowing down intellectually and reflexively past the age of, say, 45. My guess is? Bunk to a greater degree. Or at least, not severely and probably not for the reasons given. Most 45 year old men are in a relationship and a career. These things are given a great deal more weight at that age, as most are finally coming to realize that time is against them. While men of this age may begin slowing down, I believe it has more to do with their minds being more concentrated on a few more things than a younger man will concern himself with. Much like a computer with a faster chip and more memory, but with bloat-ware, it may seem that the cleaned slower chip and memory configuration somehow runs faster. It doesn't, it just isn't being taxed otherwise. Physically, of course, there is some slowing. But how much of that is due to the fact that most 45 year old and older men have found more efficient ways of doing things and so have ceased the practices that would have kept them that fast?

However, I notice that in gaming, sometimes I do try to take my time. Rather than rush in, or depend on reflexes, I depend on knowledge. I am sure at times that my reflexes are slower than what I would like. Then again, the games are meant to be right on the edge of human reflexes. Too, when I was younger, I would just fight through until I was out of too much, and hope I had saved recently enough with whatever resources I might need. Young guys are like that. It also leads to seemingly faster reflexes, yet I easily finish a game faster, and with more resources, than a young player generally will. Different game play and style, with different results, and for a reason. I wonder if most older gamers gravitate to a different play style? Is it because of autonomic reduction in speed or is it based on a more reasoned approach, or... both? Who knows.

I hope to actually get to some of my goals today. Then again, I've been working on getting to them for a while. The medicines are helping, but I seem to be weighed down with something else. Perhaps less sun really does beat me into the dirt. I have a sun lamp, I really should set that up this year and experiment with it. I, for obvious reasons, don't believe in anti-depressents, per se, but I do believe in using methods and equipment as possible tools to combat a physical phenomenon. If I can't figure things out, I may just get that device set up, right beside where I play my games, and let her rip. I hate being stuck in this no-man's land.

It is a beautiful day. I am at least up to doing some of my routine, to include opening the curtains. I shaved my beard. Wow is it white. I only have parts of the mustache, and that going on down into my beard, that are somewhat dark. I must look to be 60 with that thing on, save for the obvious strength of my body one would not know? Bah! I love my beard, I just didn't want to trim it this time and it has been warm, mostly. Well, and I need to get some pictures taken for the dating site. I am not going to have a goat looking beard on for those photos! I'll save the goat beard for a wedding present! :)

Have a great day. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here