.
.
With six hours of sleep I am just almost on the edge of grumpy with a minor headache. I'm not going to let that stop me, can't. I didn't get to laundry, so that will go forward. Then I will tend the dishes that are rinsed. Next that bike tire and figuring out the roof luggage. I did, while messing with the Xt'er, look through the manual. The crossbars can indeed be relocated, even removed, from the luggage rack. The tool is included, and is in a tool kit in one of the stow compartments, though I'll check for that. It's a damned star drive, so I hope it is there. The only way to be sure to get the right star drive, otherwise, is to buy a whole kit. Damned monstrosities if you ask me. Unnecessary, probably started out as proprietary then union rules fucked us with them forever as part of manufacturing. If I get those things done in a timely fashion, then I will do general sorting and packing later in the day.
I am hoping to have the bike set up and the bike rack installed for my run into town tomorrow. I will also take it into town when I go for the trim, Monday. I can't keep the luggage bag in place, as it doesn't fit the garrage, so that will have to be packed right as I am leaving. Actually, since I will be leaving in the early morning, I might just set that up when I pack everything in the evening before going, then leave it parked and ready to go. Yeah, that might be the better of plans.
I still have to figure out the kilt, what, and how much to trim, both for length and width, whichever those are for a kilt. Never mind, doesn't technically matter. I need to purchase a few libations, and what else? Dry ice the day before I leave I suppose, but before that? I can get regular ice. I need to deposit that check. Oh... So much... I know there are other things. Ah! I need to find the camp stove and find out what fuels I need and where... Wait... I should check to see if D.C. is buying a gallon of the stuff. I am pretty sure white gas will work and that, I believe, is what he was planning to buy. Oh, and paraffin, I do need that as well. Cripes, I best get more on the ball. I'll be making a shopping and to do list, with some order to it, today! And maybe a pack list check sheet. Having so much time but so little energy and focus... well... it's like trying to collect water with only one arm or something. Hey, this exercise is excellent for me though. Hopefully the process smooths with practice. After doing this, smaller ventures might... be more likely to happen. Hmm, check deposit, regular ice, paraffin, drink and mixer, coffee beans, auto plates... That I can think of... A list here helps. I best take a cooler or two in for the ice. No need to have it melt any more than it already will on the way home. Block ice lasts longer, cools slower, but also takes a lot of space. I haven't seen block ice around, though, either. Hmm... I'll... think on things on the way. Friday is going to be a very long day in town.
Oh, just... twitching as I try to quicken and do. Not bad though, really. I'm surprised how well it is going to be perfectly honest. Oh, I'll make huge errors, miss things, and such. I am sure. As I said the whole thing is about limiting, having enough that if I miss something perhaps I will be able to share out something I have extra of in order to 'karmically' get what I need. Best case I simply become a go-to guy for kit and such. Hmm, thinking on that, I best get an auto and bike tool kit going, actually two of them. One for on the bike, one for mostly the auto. Nothing fancy, all small, perfectly useful and portable. Bleh. Lists of lists to organize the lists of things. At least the lists don't need to be alphabetical, if that, in some cases, might help? Gah! *laughing bear fur down to the shiny*
Er...ok one more thing for the list, provided I don't forget. (There is a Sportsmans next to Home Depot...)
ReplyDeleteWhite gas? I will get it, just didn't know if you had it already.
ReplyDeleteA gallon?
I have to test out my camp burner, as I was thinking on things.
Yeah, I'll get the white gas.