Thursday, August 15, 2013

Well?

.
.
Okay, 99% of my time, more really, is free.  I have been neglecting my friends, associates, and associations more profoundly than usual, but I honestly can't quite keep up on everything.  I missed the last KoC meeting, and I did want to be there.  Again, though, no call, email, or text.  And, yes, I get lost down my various rabbit holes, so a reminder is good, if even then I can't always make it.  Still, without the offer I don't always have a way to take the opportunity.  Never mind.  After having let it be known, I take it that this is planned, not accidental.  Fair enough.

I got a call from my friend.  He wanted me to go in today, but I am trying to get my list done.  And while I will be in Friday, I have so much to do I am not... sure... even about getting done what I want done.  Saturday isn't planned, so I offered that day.  Anything I miss Friday can be caught on Saturday, as well.  If... Ugh!  Yeah, I feel like a rat bastard about not being able to be in today after such negligence, but I do what I can.  Well, and I will be in Monday for a hair cut.  I asked if he needed one.  Yes, indeed.  So I will arrive a bit early, go for lunch with him, and then we will head in a bit early even to the shop, or that is the plan.  Fine, so I get back to ignoring my duties for today and... another call.

I still have the jewels for the KoC.  There is a new officer holding my old pseudo position, and there is an event coming up which will require the jewels.  He is the new keeper of the jewels.  So be it.  But, then to figure out when and where to get him the jewels.  He talked about today, but that it would be tight.  He could have come out here, but he was trying to do this and that on top of everything else he had going today.  I suggested that I will be in town tomorrow.  Okay, but he has something in the morning, but will be off otherwise.  Perfect.  I only have the 9:00 oil and inspection thing, the rest is loose change, timewise.  So, another thing to do tomorrow.  Yep.

Oh, and there is a KoC swearing in ceremony at Church this Sunday.  Mass starts at 10:00, but we are gathering to do a rosary at 9:30.  And while I may not seemingly be wanted, I am a member, and if I know, I will do my damnedest to be there.  A pin indicating membership as well.  One more thing, but duty calls.  It is part of why I joined if my efforts have been lackluster.  Still, as I keep reminding myself, not bad for a dead man walking.  I do need to remember that.

All good.  I suppose when God sees you are busy, He takes the onus of handing more to those with talents, even if temporarily.  I take that challenge and add three more things myself?  *grins*  Who wants a Father that doesn't ask for more?  It seems good in the short run, but in the long run it is the one who demands who will create other masters, not the one who merely allows, indulges, coddles.  He is a Father after my own heart.  Between His pushing and my honest endeavors, if alternative attempts at finding the way, I have found my way to my knees.  I'm... quite surprisingly content there.  When He calls me to stand, I will do that.  As He wills it.  My ability will be within that, even if it hurts.  Pain?  I know how to deal with pain.  Offering that to the souls in purgatory.  Bleeding for the suffering.  Not like Christ, save as well as men can do, but I learned from His Offering, I did do that.  If I had to say, I would guess if that works then I have freed many a soul, and happily.  Well, happy that the pain is neither wasted on them, there, and that it has taught me much as well, and here.  Happiness isn't always giddy or even seemingly pleasurable.  Comfort is for the dead.  Only my flesh is... mostly... dead.  I live quite strongly.

Yeah, okay, I best get to getting to what I've been not getting to?  Yes!  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here