.
.
Going to bed at 4:00 led to waking at 9:30 to 10:00. It could have been much worse. Reasonably I could have slept until noon. I keep thinking I ought to take a down day, literally doing little or nothing. The problem is I don't think that will help me feel more rested and it could turn into a true rut. As is my rut is that there isn't order to my work. I make a plan and it doesn't get followed. The stupid help can't or won't read! Truth of the matter is that, when I start something, actually seeing it through to completion means doing things that become visible only while doing the task. It's like the idea of cutting a limb high on a tree. Okay, you just cut it, right? Well, no. First you need to get to that branch. If the tree doesn't offer easy access then ropes, ladder, mix, or even something else, must be used to get to the branch. Ah, but is the saw in order? Is there fuel, oil? Alright, so the limb finally comes down. But now you have a tree limb in your yard. No job, almost no job, is as simple as doing it then being done. Why find something, for example, without putting it with other things like it so as to not simply lose it again? Well, and you can end up fiddling with minor organization while doing that.
Oh, right. First thing though, a call to try to arrange an oil change and a tire rotation on the same day, hopefully Friday. Hmm, and I best look over what I need from town again. With the oil change I will plan an inspection, and with that I will get my plates renewed. I've got another year on my driver's license, so one less hassle.
Talking to my mother I found out she is low on money. I simply don't want to risk money right now. Next month, if all looks as it does from this side of things, I should be able to fire a dough rocket her way. However, I can call my brother and see if he could shoot her some liquidity. If she gets back on her feet she is good, it's just some car expenses have her seeing red. I don't know if he will do it, I doubt if he will like being asked, but... that's the kind of son I am. If I can't do it one way, I will try another. And it's not like I am asking him to do something I haven't, would not if simply and safely optional, or even will be doing in a month or two. Can't give her too much money, she will just spend it. That sounds harsh, and maybe it is, but... Keeping her afloat when she has legitimate expenses though, that is fine. I simply don't have enough to give much, there isn't enough to split out. A total vacation expenditure, since I have been retired, of perhaps four thousand dollars, over 20 years, most of it on my last trip. Some of it just gas to and from parks back when I had a wilderness wanderer as a guide. This trip, with gas, will be, maybe, $1,200-$1,500 depending on what gas actually ends up costing, at the very most, and at least a quarter of that is gear I should have had as a prepper anyway.
Hmm, well... a few calls, then back to organizing, packing, dishes, and whatever else pops up. Oh, the pulled pork was good. I had a couple of small stacked sandwiches this morning. It's nothing special just not bad and it will do. Sans sauce of any kind. I wanted to see what the meat is about before ever thinking of rubs or sauces.
Good day.
--------
Brother isn't answering. Hmm, might try the home phone. The tire shop said I could bring it in any time and that it takes an half hour. The oil/inspection shop set up an appoitment... 9:00! Ah well, that will get that stuff out of the way so that I can get the plates and do some last minute shopping without too much of a rush, and be back in time to... probably not do much else, if that isn't the point. Yeah, I'll try the other number I have for my brother. It's weird, I'm just not sure I am welcome to use that, is all. Then again, we all say things we prefer, without meaning to limit strictly, and yet other people take those little quips so seriously. The world is a mess. *grins*
--------
Yep yep, he answered the other phone. And, it sounds like he is already on the program. Between us we should be able to get mom going again. If you can't catch a man, at least have children. Teach em' hard but true, and in time they will return. It's the only investment some can make, she did what she could and it is paying off. Wish we could do more but the reality is what it is.
The dishes are in their final soak. Next to put in some laundry. And then maybe get that tire off since Friday is on for a drive. Oh, and I should completely empty and clean the inside of the Xt'er, while thinking about things. Three more packages arrived today. Still no soak vest. Bleh. Later.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here