.
.
Oh, I know. I wanted one, for Christmas... give or take, and to pass a few around. It's just a unique sort of food, something many people have never tried. And, tis the season, innit?
I had planned to just do my usual, score the skin and use sauerkraut stuffing. It turns out well, if fairly... hmm... savory. I must admit, after trying the goose done that way I am more inclined to try something a bit more like that. Now, there is no way I can do that much. I can, however, do something partial. Maybe. I'm thinking an initial fruit stuffing, then replacing that with sauerkraut. Yeah, it's still a lot of work, but no where close to the goose deal. After the fruit has been cooked, then blendered, then use it as a baste. The skin of the duck should be well browned by then. Just a thought.
I was fearful about the ducks showing up when I was asleep. I couldn't find the email that offered a link to a delivery company. Sometimes, often, it has been below freezing out there. But not today. I was sure glad to see it had finally arrived, and that the birds hadn't thawed a bit. Oh, and with the big freezer clear, cleaned, cleaned a couple more times, dried, and back in action... all good. I hope to begin getting those out at the first of the month. One prize per season, so I'll be sending these out to other folk. Some in gratitude one way, some in another way. Though mostly just glad to have neighbors who haven't decided to stone me or chase me off... so far.
My days have twisted around, so that I am up until early afternoon. I have something Monday, and dinner tomorrow, and I need to get the garbage bins back in. I actually haven't created trash, mostly, this week. Less than a bag. And, with it being freezing out there, no need to push getting nearly empty bins to the curbs. So... probably no trash this week. Still, I ought to get the bins back. Tacky. :p Later, or good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Backsass Here