Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Wonky, if functionally.

.
.
I missed my last appointment.  This doctor is leaving too, if not by choice?  I was able to reset and see him a final time.  Now, with all that has been happening, just starting meds, and sleep completely off the rails, I wasn't sure about making it.  I slept when able, setting two alarm clocks.

Surprises.  Not only did I wake, I woke on the first sounding of the first alarm.  I got to a shower quickly, and was dressed and ready to go in time to feed and water all critters.

BP was better.  180/100 isn't great, but it beats 207/145 by a goodly shot.  Especially without meds immediately.  I just couldn't put it together.  They, all of them, here and there, worry about suicide.  As discussed, I have... a deal with God.  Life and death are His.  Suffering... is part of my road to humility... and truth.  No, suicide just isn't in the program.

After, shopping.  I need charcoal yet.  As well, I didn't find chuck roast that was satisfactory.  My old store closed.  This new one, a long time competing neighbor, has improved without the excessive stress of such intense rivalry.  The only thing, to my mind, they don't do well, is chuck.  It looks and tastes more like round, trimmed to lean, and without marbling at all.  I will be shopping around for that.  A good chuck is a very beefy cheaper cut, their version is as cardboard.  Still, most else is good enough to superior.

Beside meats, canned veggies and fruits without added sweeteners, plain greek yogurt and cottage cheese, salad makings, all sorts of food.  I was rather low.  Now I am nearly broke.  But I have a bit to eat.  It should carry me a while.  I tried something new, ever... pomegranates.  I remember, as a very young one, watching Greg G. get them from a grocer and eat them.  He wouldn't share.  I have always been curious.  Not my favorite, messy, but... different.

Oh, I forgot to pay the doc.  I'll be back soon.  I am making corned beef, with cabbage, carrots, and potatoes.  It'll be a bit.  Wasn't thinking about how long it would take, or how late it was, until it was too far along.  The beeper for potatoes and carrots.  In an hour, cabbage and mushrooms for the last half hour.

Later or good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here