Saturday, December 14, 2019

It wasn't the battery.

.
.
Throttle cable, or so I was told.  Oh well.  I couldn't wake until 15:30ish.  I tried, several times.  I heard the machine kicked over.  Wanted to get up and visit.  Went to roll out the other side.  I fell asleep in the roll, waking some time later to silence.  It looked like a lot of snow, but I was told it was an inch to two depending on where.

I best get all fed and otherwise tended.  I would like to hit the ducks twice, with fresh water, today.  One of the times will be in the dark, but they seem to find it.  As well, I am hoping to push through so as to get them fresh water in the morning.  They deserve good care, and I usually offer it.

Strange how tending animals leads to... a better nature.  Hired hands seem to begin to hate animals.  Although the work can become overwhelming.  Not for me, for now.  I have heard there is a great demand for duck eggs.  I am just not sure how sustainable the business model is, how many ducks I can practically raise, and that I don't want to have them lay in the winter, which isn't good for business.

Odd, but foodies, who demand organic etc, in real life don't care about anything but certifications and volume.  They certainly don't care about your flock or herd, or actually natural processes.  That would be our job, or often not... money, money, money.  Of course, if I went with a mix of meat and egg birds... but only if I could find a meat processor who would do the culling.  And it doesn't pay well.  It would be a hobby, but would pay for itself... in theory.

Life isn't about winning.  Can't win... of flesh.  Everybody, even God if you believe Jesus was God, will die if He comes in flesh, to the world as it is.  Angels and their children too.  It isn't about winning, or losing.  It is about finding a better way... through life... and some of us believe, know, a better way even through death.

Ducks, pets, friends, family... each offers some things to improve one's lot.  An opportunity.  I prefer opportunities, as I may.  Right, of to tend my opportunities.

Good day, evening, dinner, company, and life.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Backsass Here